Back with another question

Alright so I have an annoying problem. I'm using blender 2.79 along with the 2.79+ plugin but I'm still getting an error message when trying to export saying I need to split the head at the UV seams. I thought this wasn't necessary anymore with the new exporter?? If there's a reason this is happening I would like to know how to fix it for future reference. 

spacer.png

Hiya Darth Rexie!

It's saying that a section of the head_face mesh still has uv coordinate issues (multiple UV vertices when selecting 1 vertex along the seam).

You gotta find the trouble spot and edge split it, I believe.
Good luck!

Jack

On 7/20/2020 at 3:33 AM, ooeJack said:

Hiya Darth Rexie!

It's saying that a section of the head_face mesh still has uv coordinate issues (multiple UV vertices when selecting 1 vertex along the seam).

You gotta find the trouble stop and edge split it, I believe.
Good luck!

Jack

Alright, thanks ?

Ok so the UV seam issue is solved, but now I'm having another problem: I'm getting an error message saying "could not load surface [object name] (LOD 0) from blender: no UV coordinates found!". Everything is unwrapped and mapped. I tried removing doubles and deleting loose vertices but there were none. I tried unwrapping again, which seemed to work for a couple objects but not for others.  To be honest I'm kinda confused about what exactly the issue is. Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to get this dang model out of blender!! ?

The only thing I can think of that could cause this error would be that you just selected part of the mesh and unwrapped only that part. Make sure you select everything in the mesh (press A until everything is selected in Edit Mode) and try again. Other than that, I don't know.

Just now, Ramikad said:

The only thing I can think of that could cause this error would be that you just selected part of the mesh and unwrapped only that part. Make sure you select everything in the mesh (press A until everything is selected in Edit Mode) and try again. Other than that, I don't know.

Ok, thanks for the help

If that's not it, then it may be because there is a loose vertex around somewhere that is not apart of/not connected to the main mesh. You'd need to find the loose geometry and either remove it or unwrap it/fix it to be in working order.

One way of finding it would be to go to Edit Mode, Face Select, select some faces and hit CTRL + 'L' then 'H' to hide all faces. Do that until all your faces are hidden, then go to Vertex Select and hit 'A' to select all vertices that were not selected with your Face Select. That should show you where you got vertices that are not apart of your main mesh. In Edit Mode, hit ALT + 'H' to un-hide the mesh you hid by using 'H'.

I hope this helps! Let us know how it goes. :)

Jack

darth rexie likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright, so the problem was that I had deleted the faces/vertices of an object but not the actual object which is why I was getting the message about the UV coordinates. Fixed that, exported the model, and it was working fine but I decided to work on it some more. I went to export it again last night, but got a traceback error message which I have NO idea how to interpret:  

Dc9PPB0.png

Can anyone help? Thanks