Looking for (female) Voice Actors: Holocrons of the Sith

Hi guys!

We are making a full single-player mod: Lost Holocrons of the Sith (we have almost finished level 1, next weekend we will begin the next level.) based on JKO's engine. What we are adding: 

• Story driven campaign
  • New weapons (aside from the ones already included in the game) such as a cycler rifle. 
  • New force powers
  • JKO-size single player levels, using the engine mechanics as much as possible, puzzles... 
  • New models, map objects, etc
  • Detailed cinematics, VA

The story is centered around JKA's ending, where Jaden defeats Tavion and becomes a Jedi Knight at the Yavin Academy whereas the empire is devastated. You play as the 'bad guy' who is trying to rebuild the sith empire with a different belief of the force, or not so 'bad guy'... 

We are looking for someone who is able to / wants to do VA for female characters, if possible. Male is also welcome, but we already have one.  I show you some example cinematics (not final) from the first level. 

Modelers also welcome (specially character models), but we are managing more or less at the moment 

The story is mostly explained through cinematics 

mod page: https://www.moddb.com/mods/holocrons-of-the-sith

VIDEOS:

I am hosting Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy servers for free up to 8 servers. Contact me if you are in need of a server for your community. 🙂

As this is WIP I would suggest you also go for more variation wrt. sounds... not so dominant saberhumm and a little less agressive crushing sounds when corpses drop.

I really like the artstyle - keeps in line with JKO a lot more than JKA ever did!

Aldro Koon likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

This is really cool! Only thing I'm a bit unsure of is the male voice actor... No offence, but it seems a bit corny in some places and there are quite a few mispronounced words as well. Kinda takes me out of it a bit. The use of the word "thy" is a bit awkward as well. Also the scene with the chiss (Thrawn?) and the troopers walking at 0:37 in the second video goes on for a little bit too long IMO, but that's just nitpicking. Other than that, it's great!

Also, a good place to find voice actors for projects is r/RecordThisForFree. You may be able to find some people there. Looking forward to seeing more of this project ?

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
16 hours ago, moonpie said:

I'm aware that this thread is a little old, but I can probably do voice acting!  I'm a 17 year old girl, though I'm told I sound a lot younger, so I'm not sure if thats what you're looking for or not.
Here's my discord if you're interested: ✿ moonpie ✿#4507

I'm not leader of this mod, however i would like to add you in discord for future machinima projects

But i'm not able to add you, discord says that your account doesnt accept friend requests, so you need to add him or me

and here's my discord DarthValeria#6365

moonpie likes this
  • 2 months later...
On 1/6/2022 at 9:45 AM, DarthValeria said:

I'm not leader of this mod, however i would like to add you in discord for future machinima projects

But i'm not able to add you, discord says that your account doesnt accept friend requests, so you need to add him or me

and here's my discord DarthValeria#6365

We had to take a break because of life and didn't have enough time for working in the mod (only two persons for NPCS/Models/Maps/Cutscenes/Scripts), but we are back to the project and will take it slowly. https://discord.gg/adfS8qphbh

Still sorting out the mod files, etc but there are cutscenes that need to be voiced (Monmothma, Jan).

Our biggest issue at the moment is porting models to JK2 (currently using a renderer trick to render most of them but still..), and still haven't found a convicing model for the main character.

On 1/5/2022 at 4:46 PM, moonpie said:

I'm aware that this thread is a little old, but I can probably do voice acting!  I'm a 17 year old girl, though I'm told I sound a lot younger, so I'm not sure if thats what you're looking for or not.
Here's my discord if you're interested: ✿ moonpie ✿#4507

Hi, thanks for the offer! We just got back to development so we are sorting everything out but will need VAs in a couple of weeks

On 7/28/2020 at 8:59 PM, Droidy365 said:

This is really cool! Only thing I'm a bit unsure of is the male voice actor... No offence, but it seems a bit corny in some places and there are quite a few mispronounced words as well. Kinda takes me out of it a bit. The use of the word "thy" is a bit awkward as well. Also the scene with the chiss (Thrawn?) and the troopers walking at 0:37 in the second video goes on for a little bit too long IMO, but that's just nitpicking. Other than that, it's great!

Also, a good place to find voice actors for projects is r/RecordThisForFree. You may be able to find some people there. Looking forward to seeing more of this project ?

We have a single person for doing male voice acting (and he's the one doing all the voices) so other VAs are welcome, none of us have English as a native language. https://discord.gg/adfS8qphbh

About the bridge, it might be too long but I need to think what to do about it. The idea was to give a sense of conquest and the troops enterig the bridge should give this feeling.

On 7/19/2020 at 12:27 AM, mjt said:

As this is WIP I would suggest you also go for more variation wrt. sounds... not so dominant saberhumm and a little less agressive crushing sounds when corpses drop.

I really like the artstyle - keeps in line with JKO a lot more than JKA ever did!

WRT?

That cutscene is still in WIP, gotta revisit it now that we are back to work on it, but these are concerns I should take specially the hum.

I know you are quite good at mapping 😛 Our mapper would like to have some suggestions for making terrain (easygen ain't starting in his GTK1.4) petr#9882

DarthValeria likes this

I am hosting Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy servers for free up to 8 servers. Contact me if you are in need of a server for your community. 🙂