Help With Voice Mod

Originally made this thread to see if anyone could help me figure out a problem I was running into with another mod, but managed to sort it out myself about an hour after posting.

Decided I'd just edit this thread, rather than posting a whole new one.

Now that I got my other mod working, I decided to move onto something bigger. Went and edited the trandoshan model, fixed the sausage legs and potato face, and have it working with single player.

So then I decided I needed to change Jaden's voice to go along with his newfound reptilian appearance.

And that's what I've decided to do I guess--because replacing the 230 mp3 files isn't at all tedious.

I've got a bunch (and by a bunch I mean 14 or 15) trandoshan voices from KOTOR, and planned to use those.

Running into weird issues though. At one point for some reason, all the mp3 files decided to transform themselves into wav files, which took me ages to notice.

But not only that, some seem to work while others are just silent. I thought at first that maybe they had to be the same exact length as the original files, but some of the ones that play are much longer, and some of the ones that don't are the perfect size. So... not sure what's happening there.

If anyone has any good advice to shed on the subject of doing something like that, I'm all ears--anything to put off working on that for a bit longer. :V

Edited by Acerbic

Editing this one as well--figured I may as well share what my process is for trying to make the mod, so someone can see where I'm going wrong.

I'm using PakScape to copy/paste assets0.pk3>sound>chars>jaden_male somewhere so that I can reference the file names and general length of what he's saying.

I have another folder I'm working in that follows the same structure (in this case VoiceTest.pk3>sound>chars>jaden_male), and am naming them the same thing as the files in the original folder (01jak001.mp3 for example), and editing the length if necessary.

When I want to test it, I put my pk3 file into the base folder and run the game. Half of them seem to work fine, half of them don't for some reason.

Edited by Acerbic
  • 1 month later...

All voice files in JKA have to be mono MP3 files with a sample rate of 44khz. I think WAV would also work, but if it's replacing one in assets, then it should match what it is replacing, to be safe.

Edit: I just made a quick post about audio file requirements which might help:

@Acerbic

Edited by Circa