Aeon's WIP Forge

Hello there!
I joined this forum a while ago and have been greatly inspired by many of the talented artists within this community, needless to say my passion for all things 3D has recently sparked and I look forward to being able to continue to Improve and share my works here as a learning experience.

So.. Welcome to my WIP Forge where I will be working on various models that I hope to eventually finish and share.

7 hours ago, Hephaeon said:

Thanks for the kind words all! It means a lot and i'm glad to be here

Here is an update on the Second Sister as I have completed her Body Retopology, UV and Textures

Hide contents

Material View Second Sister and her Lightsaber (2 variants)

https://i.gyazo.com/c3ae91355d09a648f818e45b5d0e6e92.png

Diffuse Texture Second Sister Playermodel - Blender viewport
https://i.gyazo.com/66bcb6e4cb211e8da436f9c0f58419ae.png

Diffuse Texture Second Sister Lightsaber - Blender viewport
https://i.gyazo.com/6039013abf715d40ce69ed1059b447b0.png

*Note: This is a low poly re-creation of the Second Sister mid-high poly character model taken directly from Fallen Order. I currently have no plans to work on her cape however I am open to the idea if I have some free time.
Still some work to do but it is almost finished! :oldsmile:

This model is so great! I have to ask: Did you do the model from scratch? (if not, that's okay, because at least somebody made the character for this game)

Are you also considering making the unmasked version of her?

@Hephaeon

Still a very good job. I think it's actually a good idea to "trace" a lower poly model from a higher poly model. There are a lot of ways to learn modeling, and if this method is the right thing for you, continue that way until you think that you no longer need it. Just give your best in all your projects.

ZanderNao and Hephaeon like this
17 hours ago, Tompa9 said:

Now this is something! Great job! Doughnouts already released pretty decent 2nd sister lightsaber

Every project keeps the community going, even if something has already been made by someone else. I mean, back then, nobody said to HapSlash "Good job, but Neomarz has already made a decent Anakin model".

Jolly, Delmi, ZanderNao and 3 others like this
13 hours ago, Hephaeon said:

l retopologized her higher poly model from Fallen Order, only making the low poly from 'scratch' (used a plane going over her entire body) but baking the details of the ripped model onto what I created. In other words everything apart from the high poly model I created which is something I will be moving away from in future

You're doing something that most video game artists do nowadays for optimization (making a high res sculpt as a base to retopologize later), if anything, more people should learn to do this here! Great job!

Lancelot, Hephaeon and Tompa9 like this

Everything does look really good. I do want to point out that your traced lowpoly mesh looks really dense. What is the current tris count? I reckon you could get away with a lot less especially around the helmet. That inset part around the cheeks can be baked in my opinion. Looking forward to see how this turns out, great job so far!

Hephaeon likes this
1 hour ago, Doughnuts said:

Everything does look really good. I do want to point out that your traced lowpoly mesh looks really dense. What is the current tris count? I reckon you could get away with a lot less especially around the helmet. That inset part around the cheeks can be baked in my opinion. Looking forward to see how this turns out, great job so far!

Tri count is 9,234 and the inset area is baked (although a lot of needless geometry lol), I have realised that it came out more dense than I would have liked and I will be working on improving this when I can. Thanks for the advice anyway! Big admirer of your work.