Edges not splitting?

So whenever I try to export my model from blender (2.64) it gives me an error message saying that the edges of a particular object have not been split but I already split them all using the edge split modifier? If anyone knows why it says this and how to fix it I would appreciate the help.  

Unless we're talking hundreds of edges I'd manually split them, to make sure - the modifier may have missed some. Select the mesh, enter Edit Mode, switch to the UV / Image Editor, tick Keep UV and edit mode mesh selection in sync (right of the Rotation / Scaling Pivot), then manually select all edges of the islands, return to 3D View, then Mesh -> Edges -> Edge Split. That should solve it, splitting any edge that the modifier didn't.

darth rexie likes this
On 6/21/2020 at 4:15 AM, Ramikad said:

Unless we're talking hundreds of edges I'd manually split them, to make sure - the modifier may have missed some. Select the mesh, enter Edit Mode, switch to the UV / Image Editor, tick Keep UV and edit mode mesh selection in sync (right of the Rotation / Scaling Pivot), then manually select all edges of the islands, return to 3D View, then Mesh -> Edges -> Edge Split. That should solve it, splitting any edge that the modifier didn't.

Thank you!! 

You don't want to split every single edge, that's an enormous waste of vertices. Which version of the exporter are you using? There's a newer one by someone else that doesn't require you to manually split meshes at UV seams.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/26/2020 at 3:30 AM, mrwonko said:

You don't want to split every single edge, that's an enormous waste of vertices. Which version of the exporter are you using? There's a newer one by someone else that doesn't require you to manually split meshes at UV seams.

Ok so I am using the newer version of the exporter along with blender 2.79 (I wasn't using it before because I was having issues with getting the plugin to work properly but I fixed it awhile back. It was just me being stupid lol) . I was excited to get it to work because I didn't think I'd have to split the edges and I'd just be able to go ahead and export it but it's still giving me the same error message, even though this is an entirely new model than my original post even refers to AND using the new exporter/version of blender. Is there a reason I'm still having the same problem despite using the new plugin?? I've looked through the manual a few times and looked on here for answers but can't find any ?