Write to Console from external software

Hi all,

So I'm wanting to create an external tool for writing to OpenJK's console in C#. I've observed and studied the source code from the original game, Boba Fett's Ultra Utility, and wrote software to try and get the console classname.

Unfortunately, all efforts have so far resulted in me being able to change the Window Title of my OpenJK code from one thing to another, which is hilarious, but not what I want.

I researched where the Ultra Utility linked to the console in the code, but upon further investigation, the classname appears to have been removed since the transition from the OG source code to OpenJK.

My question is: Where can I find the classname for the OpenJK console so my program can link to that?

Smoo likes this
  • 2 months later...
On 6/18/2020 at 10:05 PM, Linken said:

Hi all,

So I'm wanting to create an external tool for writing to OpenJK's console in C#. I've observed and studied the source code from the original game, Boba Fett's Ultra Utility, and wrote software to try and get the console classname.

Unfortunately, all efforts have so far resulted in me being able to change the Window Title of my OpenJK code from one thing to another, which is hilarious, but not what I want.

I researched where the Ultra Utility linked to the console in the code, but upon further investigation, the classname appears to have been removed since the transition from the OG source code to OpenJK.

My question is: Where can I find the classname for the OpenJK console so my program can link to that?

Honestly i do not know. nice idea an external interface with c sharp for edit the code, also if SP code is into c++ and MP into c and i not know how can be hard to allow to the 3 different languagues to interact each others.

i am not so code skilled to help you, but is interessing. you should jump into discord chat channels of the forum and ask the question inside the code and script chat.