How's the game doing lately?

I've been away for a long time and was hoping to get back to the series. I used to love Academy quite a lot a few years ago and never got a chance to fully finish Outcast either. But I'm curious, how are these two games doing in terms of popularity?

Smoo likes this
3 hours ago, Maulclaw said:

What about the regular Jedi Academy experience, though? I haven't gotten into Movie Battles yet.

I couldn't say, I only play the mod.

It's on steam, so I would think at least a few people play the vanilla game.

I would recommend movie battles.

The have a modded engine that improves the visual fidelity and host a sizeable number of interesting custom maps - there are a lot of levels true to the name of the mod, coming straight from the movie.

Even objective based maps, as well as some surprise scenario maps from other popular movies featuring custom characters weapons and abilities.  Jurassic Park Dino's vs hunters is my favorite so far.

I did not even mention that each team has different classes, characters and abilities.  Lots of surprisingly well done models of characters you never see in games.

I've been playing for about 3 weeks, and still see new things (maps and models) while playing.  Highly recommend the movie battles mod.

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2020 at 8:52 PM, Maulclaw said:

What about the regular Jedi Academy experience, though? I haven't gotten into Movie Battles yet.

JA+  is still going very strong as we're the one with the most populated server to date. We're maxing out the 32 player count daily during peak hours. You can't miss the server, just look for {JoF}Public Server.

Akion, z3filus, Siegfried and 1 other like this
  • 5 months later...