Are there limits to mods ?

Hello, 

I'm having trouble with mods, the trouble is that the character mods I put in JKA prevent me from playing JKA, I keep getting an error message that says npc file is too large, and it prevents me from playing with my character mods. How do I fix this problem ?

5 hours ago, RASAS said:

Hello, 

I'm having trouble with mods, the trouble is that the character mods I put in JKA prevent me from playing JKA, I keep getting an error message that says npc file is too large, and it prevents me from playing with my character mods. How do I fix this problem ?

There is a limit, yes. Remove any character you don't need right now. But if you really want all characters, try OpenJK, which you can download here: https://builds.openjk.org/openjk-2020-05-04-52030235-windows.zip . As far as I know, OpenJK can handle more NPCs.

Thank you for the responses,

How do I use openJK, there is no read me file ?

also SaberBlade83, how do I do what you said, do I make a whole new pk3 file and put all my character mods in that pk3 file ?

10 hours ago, RASAS said:

I'm having trouble with OpenJK, when I put on SP the game windows does not cover my whole screen also where do I put my character mods with OpenJK ?

Just change the screen resolution in the game's menu.

And you can keep all the characters in the base folder as usual. OpenJK is still able to access them.

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, RASAS said:

is there a way to maximize the openjk sp screen ?

I believe there is an option in the video settings that says full screen (off) - click that to on and then click the apply button.