Trying to get files deleted from: https://mrwonko.de/jk3files/

Hey there. 

I want the mod files of me (Author 'Raschu') deleted from the JK2/3 archive of Mr Wonko: https://mrwonko.de/jk3files/ due to privacy reasons.

I've tried e-mailing the admin of the site, but I got no response. I figured I'd try twitter instead, but I can't DM him. 

So now I'm trying here as a last resort to solve the matter.

Does anyone know how I can get my files removed from the archive?

Thanks!

- Raschu

(and if anyone would like to still have acces to the files, I could re-upload them to JKHub, properly edited.) 

edit: btw some files are under 'Raschu and Ashura'.

Moved thread to JK Discussions, since it's not JKHub related.

Best I can do to help is mention him @mrwonko

That site is just a backup of JK3Files though. May I ask why you'd want to remove it? Just curious. I have files on there under an old name that are embarrassing in some ways, but I like that they are being preserved as the history of Jedi Academy modding.

TheWhitePhoenix, Raschu and Ramikad like this
9 hours ago, Circa said:

Moved thread to JK Discussions, since it's not JKHub related.

Best I can do to help is mention him @mrwonko

That site is just a backup of JK3Files though. May I ask why you'd want to remove it? Just curious. I have files on there under an old name that are embarrassing in some ways, but I like that they are being preserved as the history of Jedi Academy modding.

Ah thanks, yeah I had no idea where to properly post this, seems I guessed wrong.

I'm not embarrassed by the files, but a lot of entries contain an e-mail adress which links to my IRL name. I'm trying to de-link my screen name (Raschu) from my IRL stuff. 

It keeps showing up in google searches for 'Raschu'.

You might also try joining the Discord to see if you can get a hold of him that way if you haven't already, sounds like you could just ask for the email contact info stuff in the readmes to be blanked out, rather than the mods removed entirely.

JKG Developer

14 hours ago, Darth Futuza said:

You might also try joining the Discord to see if you can get a hold of him that way if you haven't already, sounds like you could just ask for the email contact info stuff in the readmes to be blanked out, rather than the mods removed entirely.

I need the pages to be deleted so that I can request google to delete them out of their index cache. But I think I'll re-upload the files to JKHub, so they won't be lost.

2 hours ago, mrwonko said:

Hey, sorry I didn't see this earlier, I don't check those email accounts very often, and I had not enabled notifications on mentions here on jkhub for some reason. I'll look this on the weekend.

Ah it's okay, you might want to link them to your main e-mail account for future requests though?

Thanks for looking into it. Feel free to mail/DM me if you need extra information.

I think it's actually pretty cool you made this archive, so thanks for that as well ?

Futuza likes this
On 5/22/2020 at 5:23 PM, Raschu said:

Ah it's okay, you might want to link them to your main e-mail account for future requests though?

You can probably understand not wanting to have your email address online ?

I've edited your email addresses out of the readmes of every file with your name attached, you may need to reload the pages before seeing any change if you've opened them previously. I didn't (and can't) edit it out of any readmes potentially included in the downloads, I could only remove the download from the index entirely. Do let me know if you want me to do that.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this
On 5/24/2020 at 2:30 PM, mrwonko said:

You can probably understand not wanting to have your email address online ?

I've edited your email addresses out of the readmes of every file with your name attached, you may need to reload the pages before seeing any change if you've opened them previously. I didn't (and can't) edit it out of any readmes potentially included in the downloads, I could only remove the download from the index entirely. Do let me know if you want me to do that.

I actually meant internally, you know, one account automatically forwarding it to another mailbox xD

Anyway, I would prefer for the pages/files to be fully deleted, that would make it more easy for me to request google to update the search index cache. 

On 5/25/2020 at 4:45 PM, Raschu said:

Anyway, I would prefer for the pages/files to be fully deleted, that would make it more easy for me to request google to update the search index cache. 

Sure thing, I've deleted them.

P.S.: I've figured out why I missed this thread, JKHub stopped sending me emails three years ago fnar.