Humans & the Unknown Regions

Hi, sorry if this is not in the right forum,

I'd like to ask are there humans in the unknown regions ?

are the unknown regions expansive maybe the same size as the known galaxy ?

are the outer rim territories part of the unknown regions, because I've been reading up on the character  Revan & after the events of KOTOR he ventured into the unknown regions only to find himself on Dromund Kaas which is in the outer rim territories ?

I guess, you can simply have a look at one of these old maps of the Galaxy. The Unknown regions are a large part of the Galaxy, not explored, thus there are quite a lot of uncharted worlds there, as well as unknown species. It might not be the same size as the known Galaxy, but is pretty large. One difference could be the lack of an established hyperspace or trade route, which leads to Coruscant.

There is also a large area called the Wild Space. This is mostly a known section, but with many unknown worlds, rarely visited by common travellers or traders.

MainGalaxy.png

DarthValeria likes this
16 hours ago, RASAS said:

thank you for responding,

however is it possible for humans to be found in the unknown regions or maybe even true sith species ?

Depends on the era of Star Wars. As dark soul stated above, some are no longer in existence. True Sith were in that area around the time, shown in the SWTOR video game. Chiss are the ones coming from somewhere of that region as well, the same goes to the Rakata Empire, which had their Capital planet (Lehon or Rakata Prime) located in the Unknown regions (however the 500 controlled worlds were in different parts of the modern Galaxy, like Dantooine, Tatooine and many others).

I guess Humans could exist in the Unknown regions as well – some of them could be the ancestors of the space travellers or resettlers from the old times, who tried to escape the many conflicts of the Galaxy in the past. Others could be the immigrated species like slaves, captured by someone from the UR and taken there to serve. Pirates and Mercenaries could be there too! We can also assume, that some species which are known as near-humans (like Chiss) could have their home planets in that area.

I think the authors left some parts of the Galaxy unexplored, because it always offered an opportunity to create something new for books, video games, comics, etc. and preserve the element of mystery in Star Wars universe. Both UR and the Wild Space.

so basically, what you are saying anything in some way is possible in the Unknown Regions, even humans living and being in the Unknown Regions ? Also would it be possible for the Sith species to still exist in the Unknown Regions despite they supposedly became extinct ? Because if the Rule of 2 could make the Jedi think the Sith Order went extinct then....

Also, so Wild Space and the Unknown Regions have plenty of unexplored areas in them for new planets to be created in the Star Wars Universe ? 

Also is the Sith Empire from the Unknown Regions or from Wild Space, because Dromund Kaas and Korriban and Ziost are in Wild Space not the Unknown Regions ?

On 5/17/2020 at 1:32 PM, RASAS said:

so basically, what you are saying anything in some way is possible in the Unknown Regions, even humans living and being in the Unknown Regions ? Also would it be possible for the Sith species to still exist in the Unknown Regions despite they supposedly became extinct ? Because if the Rule of 2 could make the Jedi think the Sith Order went extinct then....

Also, so Wild Space and the Unknown Regions have plenty of unexplored areas in them for new planets to be created in the Star Wars Universe ? 

Also is the Sith Empire from the Unknown Regions or from Wild Space, because Dromund Kaas and Korriban and Ziost are in Wild Space not the Unknown Regions ?

I think humans visited the region hundreds of times before the events of A New Hope, so the answer is most likely yes. I doubt the Sith species actually exist by the time of the Galactic Empire of Palpatine though, as their most active role in the Galaxy was long before even the perish of the Sith on Ruusan (around 1000 BBY). The Unknown regions hold lots of many others however, the thing is that it's not just planets or systems not shown on maps, but the lack of hyperspace routes, like the Perlemian trade route. Depending on the location, some worlds like Taris flourished until a new, better hyperspace lane was found. Perlemian route ended with Quermia, led directly to Wild Space.

Wild Space differs from the Unknown regions in terms, that it surrounds the Known regions of the Galaxy, like the Outer Rim. It's possible, that Wild Space is at least partly known to include some planets and home of various species, but is difficult to organize on maps or control by larger governments like the Republic, the Empire or Hutt Cartel. For instance there could be multiple pirate worlds, which are difficult to find and navigation isn't clear. Unknown regions are also far larger – enough to include something as big as a secret intergalactic government.

Not sure about the Sith Empire. It's best to check this one with the SWTOR lore. My guess is that Dromund Kaas was part of the Unknown regions in the past, but became part of Wild Space because this area became better known to a larger Galaxy due to the war conflict between the Sith Empire and the Old Republic. Kreia indirectly hints, that this the where the True Sith hide. When they attack, the location is no longer that secretive. By the time of the Clone Wars Dromund Kass had an entry in the Jedi Archives, but is believed to have been removed from it together with 20 more planets like Kamino and Dagobah. Nevertheless Clone Wars affected DK too, and it was later used by the Empire for the acolytes. And then appeared in MOTS – so by this time it could be part of a more or less known Galactic space, rarely visited by anyone.

but Dromund Kaas is in the Outer Rim why are they saying it is in the Unknown Regions ? Was Wild Space and some Outer Rim Worlds considered to be part of the Unknown Regions until they were discovered ?

On 5/19/2020 at 9:18 AM, RASAS said:

but Dromund Kaas is in the Outer Rim why are they saying it is in the Unknown Regions ? Was Wild Space and some Outer Rim Worlds considered to be part of the Unknown Regions until they were discovered ?

That's what I said above – Regions change as they are explored more and more. As we know now – Kreia mentioned, that the Sith wait in the unknown, so Dromund Kaas was most likely an absolutely unknown location during the era of the Jedi Civil War and before. It was best known with the crusade of the Sith Emperor Vitiate.

I guess some time after Valkorion was defeated, Dromund Kaas might have been abandoned (the Sith might have resettled elsewhere). As Dromund Kaas isn't exactly a planet most people would like to visit (for trade, curiosity or friendly reasons), the path there became lost in time. Other planets in that region (not star system) could still be a place for travellers though, who would ignore Dromund Kaas.

Speaking of this Sith World I just recalled, how I played Mysteries of the Sith years ago and mostly forgot about the planet until it came to light again as the Imperial capital in SWTOR.

Thank you for clearing everything up for me, now things start to make sense now, so now I can safely assume/guess that there maybe far more star systems and planets in the Unknown Regions than just the few that have been discovered there

and that the Sith worlds of Dromund Kaas and the others were once considered part of the Unknown Regions until they were discovered

so I guess the Unknown Regions is considered any planets that haven't been discovered yet or are part of Wild Space

Thank You again

NumberWan likes this