Texture surfaces don't show up

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with my GTKRadiant. I hope this hasn't been discussed before, at least I didn't see it ? I'm having this issue with the Radiant 1.4 and the 1.6, since I do not like the shortcuts and controls in the 1.5. The textures won't show up on the brushes' surfaces like in the picture. Someone an idea?

radianterror.jpg

Greetings

That's weird. I haven't seen that kind of behavior since Radiant 1.3, actually.

Have you tried playing with the "ATI Cards with broken drivers" setting in the preferences? Or is it maybe installed in a folder where it conflicts with something else? Other than that, I'm at a loss.....

Thanks for the answer! Yea, I've tried that and searched the web for other solutions, but none of it worked. I installed it in C/Program files I think, but I will try to install it somewhere else. I'm using Windows 7 and when I switch into the XPmode and start it there, the textures are shown correctly, but it's hella slow, like in slow motion when you try to navigate through the 3D view :D

After looking at the error again, it seems like it's rendering the texture where the diagonal outlines are supposed to be...have you tried pressing J a few times to cycle through the render settings for outlines? It's hardly a fix, but possibly a decent workaround.

NumberWan likes this

Yea, the outline are there, which is quite strange. I skipped through the different settings, but as you said, it didn't fix the problem. But I installed JKA and the Radiant on my laptop now and it works perfcetly! So again, thanks for your advise ?

• 2 weeks later...

That's quite an unusual bug. I've never encountered anything like. But I would agree, that the problem could with visual card specifics.

In my experience different versions of GtkRadiant worked differently on the very same PC. My favourite one was 1.3 for a very long time, until I had to switch to newer ones, which sometimes showed very different bugs. The most stable is 1.6.6 which I use these days.