Gmod Conversion - Fan-made Revan

I've been trying to figure out how to do this all week and I've finally decided it's beyond me, I need to try other conversions first. I figured it was worth putting here in case anyone with more modeling ability (I have very little) is interested enough to take a stab.

This is a fan-version of Revan I found, really liked it. Not necessarily true to Revan, but as a model it's great looking.
Here's the link.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2018997751&searchtext=sith+playermodel

?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true
I ripped the model from gmod already, if you want it I can upload the ripped .obj and textures with it. I might try it eagain eventually if nobody is, but I think it'll be a very very long time before I'm ready for anything like this.

lpriefer01 likes this
53 minutes ago, Psyk0Sith said:

Original model = 38k triangles

Optimized = 21k

?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter

If you give this a go, you'd still need to bring down the optimized version to around 10k.

Is 10k an overall limit with jka models? I wasn't aware of that, so that's good to know.

I had removed a good bit, took out the hosing on his side, the lightsaber on the hilt, some stuff on the belt and done a diffuse on stuff like the hands, so I probably shaved off a good number of vertices but I doubt I made.it to 10k