Texture pack not loading?

I've upscaled all the textures in the game (yes, all of them) but I'm having trouble getting the mod to work. I started by loading up the first mission of SP on Yavin so I could see the before, then I would load a mod folder through Setup > Mods. It would take some time to load up again (which makes sense, it's like 2.5GB) but once it finally loads there's no difference whatsoever.

Here's what I've tried:
- Made sure folder structure and spelling is correct
- Tried breaking up the single 2.5GB .pk3 into multiple 500MB (thought maybe the engine wouldn't load a .pk3 that large)
- Sticking it straight in my base folder instead of loading from a mod folder
- Renamed it to start with "zzz" to ensure it loads last

I made the PK3 by simply using WinRAR to create a .zip and then renaming it to .pk3. The guides I've read online said that shouldn't be a problem, and based on load times it clearly is loading/detecting the .PK3, but thought I'd mention that just in case. PakScape does not work properly on my PC.

Any ideas?

2 hours ago, Lancelot said:

@Botdra

Take a look at Ramikad's reply in this topic: 

Thank you. I'm not sure if it's the same issue.,. If it's not crashing does that mean there isn't an issue? For instance, I've got a 4096x4096 texture of the ground from the first Yavin mission. If the mod actually loads and the texture is a multiple of 2, shouldn't that work?

As a side note, if you're interested in contributing - since it seems like you attempted to do the same - let me know.

EDIT: I also just tried saving that texture as Baseline (not Progressive), still no luck. So, it's proper resolution, not saved as progressive, and still no luck.

Could it be some horrendous texture setting that screws you over and prevents you from seeing any improvement? 

try replacing one texture with something drastically visully different at the same resolution just to verify that its actually not loading

Droidy365 likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

Any updates to this? I'd also love to know how to get high resolution textures that look the part. I believe that I made a high resolution texture that changed the hue a bit as well; I could see a difference in the colour, but other than that I could barely tell any difference.