Getting an NPC to use melee like a player does

You need to change the NPC class as well. For this one it should also be Kyle_boss.

Some classes have unique specifics about them, like Imperials can't use Kyle's blaster for example. And Boba Fett can't be killed, even if you beat him badly.

However some of these can still be altered additionally via scripts.

kibasennin likes this
28 minutes ago, kibasennin said:

Kyle_boss can use iknowkungfu levels of melee, but when I type WP_MELEE in the npc document, the npc in question beats me up like a Gran, rather than using the various throws.

How do I change this?

Thanks

Kyle_Boss style of Melee is hardcoded to his Npc class, you can only change that if you edit the source code. ?

kibasennin likes this
15 hours ago, SaberBlade83 said:

Kyle_Boss style of Melee is hardcoded to his Npc class, you can only change that if you edit the source code. ?

Once I made a mod that replaces Alora2 with someone that was CLASS_KYLE. It was a long time ago, but I clearly remember him using the Kung Fu moves on me. I don't remember what weapons he had enabled, but Kyle_boss only has a lightsaber, according to his .npc file.

Perhaps WP_MELEE + CLASS_KYLE could work?

kibasennin likes this
7 hours ago, Droidy365 said:

Perhaps WP_MELEE + CLASS_KYLE could work?

23 hours ago, NumberWan said:

You need to change the NPC class as well. For this one it should also be Kyle_boss.

Tried changing the class to either KYLE_BOSS and KYLE on the ext_data document. No differences, Snoke still charges at me like a Gran_boxer. Is ext_data the only file that would need modifying or did I miss something? Maybe if I lower aggressiveness (i have it at 5)?

Coding is needed only if you want to change the Kyle_boss class specifics and add something more to the behaviour of it (that is if you want to add something more complex than common scripts through BehavEd usually do).

If you want your NPC to fight simply like Kyle does from DS storyline of JA, then you can copy Kyle_Boss.npc and change model and name there inside this file (no need for coding, just open it as a TXT).

• 1 month later...

melee fights of NPC is hardcoded too , like weapons, force powers, sigh ... by default for what i know it works only for "kyle_boss"  NPC, i remember that i did a little code work for a guy a lot of months ago, when i added a class called "SITH_BOXER" and in changed the code for use kata by that class and not only by kyle_boss NPC. -.- 

i really would to know why developer coders of raven were so restrictive about NPC AI modding, force powers and weapons. only sabers are Nice, cause SAB libraries. -_- add libraries for customize weapons, force powers and NPCs should not been to difficult for experts coders of lucas arts... 

PS: also for news: also saber resistance of hazardtrooper and rancor is hardcoded.

for coding you need to know c and c++ and to have visual studio for rebuild the edited game executable. and Openjk source code. not easy, if you not understand the language.