The Mandalorian

Message added by Circa

This topic contains spoilers for The Mandalorian :mando:. Please refrain from reading if you don't wish for any content to be spoiled if you have not watched it.

What an epic episode, wow. Despite Boba’s pudginess, he still looked so good and was such a compete badass. Completely redeemed his character from canon’s perspective and lived up to his persona, heritage, and Legends/EU name. I really really hope they keep him around for a whole other season or two alongside Mando, or maybe even be some kind of competitor later on. Hearing his voice in the helmet while piloting Slave I gave me legit chills.

Seeing Tython was great as well! Even if it was a small area, it was definitely based on the Legends appearance, so I’m glad for that.

Dark Troopers looked even more like the Legends version than I expected. So glad.

The remaining episodes can’t come soon enough!

OCD2 and Mandalorian like this
2 hours ago, Circa said:

What an epic episode, wow. Despite Boba’s pudginess, he still looked so good and was such a compete badass. Completely redeemed his character from canon’s perspective and lived up to his persona, heritage, and Legends/EU name. I really really hope they keep him around for a whole other season or two alongside Mando, or maybe even be some kind of competitor later on. Hearing his voice in the helmet while piloting Slave I gave me legit chills.

Seeing Tython was great as well! Even if it was a small area, it was definitely based on the Legends appearance, so I’m glad for that.

Dark Troopers looked even more like the Legends version than I expected. So glad.

The remaining episodes can’t come soon enough!

There have been articles saying they are making a Boba spin-off show,  so he will likely be written for limited appearance(s) on the Mandalorian.

Unless they do something like the DC series on CW, where the shows can interconnect for "special events", or one off appearances from time to time.

42 minutes ago, fullkevlar said:

There have been articles saying they are making a Boba spin-off show,  so he will likely be written for limited appearance(s) on the Mandalorian.

Unless they do something like the DC series on CW, where the shows can interconnect for "special events", or one off appearances from time to time.

Not sure how much I believe spin-off rumors at this point. We hear that about every side character. It would be epic if so.

I saw a tweet not too long ago that The Mandalorian could potentially be for Star Wars what Iron Man did for the MCU: be the catalyst for other characters to gain some recognition and footing in the public's eye. This season has definitely been something similar to how the MCU ties in various major characters to one. If we get spin-offs, that'll be exactly what they did, and it would make more sense why they chose Favreau to do it, with his experience doing it for the MCU. I think it's working well so far, so I'm excited to see what we get.

I think they might bring Kyle Katarn to respond to the baby yoda force beacon and help deal with the dark troopers.

Kyle and baby yoda can both relate to each other having both dark and light tendencies and he could know how to train him to be balanced.

BlindDaThief likes this
On 12/7/2020 at 8:15 PM, fullkevlar said:

I think they might bring Kyle Katarn to respond to the baby yoda force beacon and help deal with the dark troopers.

Kyle and baby yoda can both relate to each other having both dark and light tendencies and he could know how to train him to be balanced.

Brilliant!

Another nice episode again today.  

The turn around and callbacks were placed well enough.    

Pedro Pascal must have a clause in his contract that allows him to take the helmet off once per season lol.

I thought it was funny that Boba had enough time to repaint his armor while they've been tracking down Moff Gideon.

Good quality over-all,   hard to believe the season is done next week.

Great episode! Bill Burr did such an amazing acting job, I was really impressed. I wish they’d keep him in as part of the team.

Boba still looked great but I gotta say, the scratched up version of his armor looked way better. 

I was really glad to see Pedro’s face! I really hope they allow him to do that more and more, as the character slowly learned that hiding your face is not necessary to the Mandalorian creed. 

I have to say, I do like the series and so far it has exceeded my expectations, including season 1's episode 5. What I like most about it, is the respect the creators have for the Star Wars universe and lore and the references they are making within the show. Far better then what CBS is doing with Star Trek in "Star Trek: Discovery": create a whole new series, label it "Star Trek" and you have a new Star Trek series. My only nitpick is that the episodes are short, too short at times but that is the only thing . . .

Signature.jpg

My major concern with the show is that most locations are quite similar and dull: desert, forests, swamps, snowy areas. Why don't they make some peculiar red-coloured villages with whitened palms? Or crystal planets with flying slugs? Or blue coloured tropical canyons with exploding hedgehogs with beaks? Why nothing like Felucia or Saleucami? These two looked pretty much unusual and would have been a nice addition for a change in the scenes.

The authors try to pay much attention to the costumes and characters, but forget about details and atmosphere in the background.

They could have made Tython so much more interesting.

9a90e3a1-3637-11eb-b2bd-fd5e65cb747b  

The Old Republic definitely put more effort into the look of this planet:

star-wars-the-mandalorian-tython.png

18 minutes ago, NumberWan said:

My major concern with the show is that most locations are quite similar and dull: desert, forests, swamps, snowy areas. Why don't they make some peculiar red-coloured villages with whitened palms? Or crystal planets with flying slugs? Or blue coloured tropical canyons with exploding hedgehogs with beaks? Why nothing like Felucia or Saleucami? These two looked pretty much unusual and would have been a nice addition for a change in the scenes.

The authors try to pay much attention to the costumes and characters, but forget about details and atmosphere in the background.

9a90e3a1-3637-11eb-b2bd-fd5e65cb747b  

latest?cb=20150803132142

Second pictures blank lol

3 hours ago, NumberWan said:

I'm wondering how they will work out the last episode.

A few guesses:

Big fight between mando and gideon - (has to happen, because of the beskar spear).  

Mando dies saving baby yoda, Grogu subsequently Rey's him back to life.

Big climactic fight, all is almost lost and the surprise jedi shows up and saves the day.   Who is the surprise jedi?

Luke would be interesting of course, but perhaps hard to pull off because of Hamils age.

Mace Window would be interesting because he is in direct conflict with Boba Fett for killing his father in front of him.    He could save the day and say he would train Grogu, only to be killed in retaliation by Boba, leaving Grogu without a teacher again.

Or maybe the jedi shows up early, joins the fight, they make good progress, only to be put in peril by the Dark Troopers near the end.    There's too many of them!   Boom, New Republic X-wings/troopers show up and save the day.      In the end they gift Mando with a new ship for all his hard work against the imperial remnants.

Those are the scenarios that seem likely.

On 12/16/2020 at 2:52 PM, NumberWan said:

I definitely agree with the bland landscape issue. That might be my only problem with the show in general. Tython didn't bother me though. I took it as a remote place on the planet that jedi went to in order to meditate. I'd agree that it could have used some alien touch here or there, but overall it seems like many planets in Star Wars are variations on Earth biomes, and always have been. It's definitely time to throw in something unique though. The browns and greys of planets are getting old.

Everyone told me they wouldnt use Luke.

And then a single X-wing appears..

Not bad, luke got his jedi moment, somewhat like Vader in Rogue One.  Even crushing a robot like his father.

The special de-aging effects were okay, not much better than the previous de-aging attempts.

Well, now I'm wondering how the show will continue next year.   I have a feeling baby Kylo Ren will interact with Grogu next season..   maybe force fight over cookies.   

Good job Mandalorian,  way better than expected.

Mandalorian likes this

'The Rescue' is one of the 2,5 episodes in the whole Mandalorian series, which I actually enjoyed (the other two being Chapter 6: The Prisoner and «Chapter 13: The Jedi»). This time they paid much attention to the details and put much effort in the story and characters. Aside from lack of interesting planets, Mandalorian was full of Deus Ex Machina. The last episode seems to work without it though. 

Bruh. That finale was epic. Still can’t believe we got that scene with Luke. I figured if we did get him, it would be a hologram or something minimal. Seeing him in action with that green saber was incredible. The de-aging was fine, can’t expect perfection in that regard yet, however the de-aging of the voice was the impressive part. He sounded just like he did in the films, nothing like he does now.

Very very well done. Seeing Din’s face as he said goodbye was one of the most emotional scenes in all of Star Wars. Superb acting by Pascal for sure.

I kinda figured this would give an opportunity for a spinoff show for Luke and Grogu, and his academy startup with young Ben, but none of the announced shows would really apply to that. I don’t think we’ll get much in the next season about Grogu or Luke. I think it’ll probably focus more on Mandalorian related stuff. Bo Katan still needs to face off against Din for the dark saber and take back their planet, so I suspect that’ll be the main premise. 

Maybe Grogu and Luke will show up in the Ahsoka show. 

Bubbles and Sithani like this

Ye it was great.

I'm definately giving cgi luke a pass because it was good. Yea, if you slow it down and look at his lips its a bit iffy but still fantastic. Also he needed a scene like this because in the Last Jedi they butchered him. This is what everyone feels that Luke should be,  a jedi with immense power. All we got in the TLJ was a force ghost fight.

What I really wished for though, was for Boba Fett to be on that bridge when Luke entered. That would of been epic.

I agree with the voice as well. It is very subtle buf he actually sounds more mature as well. Like he is no longer learning the force but is a Jedi Master.

Untold Prophecy likes this

It was a good episode and a fitting end for the Baby Yoda storyline. I don't think it would've worked if they had decided to continue it in season three. Now new storylines can be set-up and I wonder how they are going to do the Darksaber line, Bo-Katan and Mandalore itself. I don't think that Boba Fett will play a large part in it, since he's gotten his own series . . .

Signature.jpg

The last episode more than enjoyable, yet the announcement after the ending is troubling. And according to the rumours – that one is the only new project to be released in the next few years. I guess this episode and Mandalorian as a whole was a test of skill and resources, so I hope any new series would be much better.

However, before 2022 many of the announced titles will be shut down most likely.

Not waiting for Mandalorian Season 3, but rather eager to see Cassian Andor show as well as a few others (Willow too).

17 hours ago, NumberWan said:

The last episode more than enjoyable, yet the announcement after the ending is troubling. And according to the rumours – that one is the only new project to be released in the next few years. I guess this episode and Mandalorian as a whole was a test of skill and resources, so I hope any new series would be much better.

However, before 2022 many of the announced titles will be shut down most likely.

Not waiting for Mandalorian Season 3, but rather eager to see Cassian Andor show as well as a few others (Willow too).

They're definitely not done with Din.

He'll be back, in about a year.   Probably without baby yoda for awhile.    Instead, fighting for Mandalore, conflict over the dark saber and learning about Mandalorian history.   

Would not be surprised if his original armorer shows up and demands his armor as he broke the code in revealing his face.

He loses his ship, his baby, and then his armor.   Great chance for him to be built back up from "underdog" to remade hero.

But in the end, I would bet he is granted new upgrade armor from Mandalore, as well as a new ship, and then reconnect with Grogu at some point.