Lockdown = Kamino II

Glad to see you back! Your work is truly amazing. The maps you have made really do make JKA feel more alive and just shows the possibilities of unlimited potential. The gift of skill you have for this game is one of reasons this game deserves to stay alive. Keep up the good work my friend, stay safe and welcome back.

Thank you & update

Hey guys, sorry been busy working on my YouTube content as I'm building a Star Wars room in my garage...

Please give me a follow (you can even see my Iron Man physical suit build and cosplay)

The room build will be completely themed like a rebel base / SW ship with falcon seats etc... Anyway I posted here as I was so happy to have found all of my old maps on a working HDD as I feared a lot of it lost do so long.  The comments here are very humbling.. but rely I just made a few maps once lol.  

Anyway I do plan to do a few things for the JKA community:

Kamino II

I do plan to release a Kamino II it will be very different from my first... I may just keep it as an outside experience using landing platforms and the cool Ocean I spent a while getting to work just right with minimal inside areas... The issue is trying to merge the new area with my old map, but I will attempt to do that too and keep you all posted. 

Millennium Falcon

I had created a new more accurate version of the Falcon and again I do intend to release this perhaps for RPG, I will create a separate post for this and collect ideas from you all.

Tatooine - Homestead

I will release this map day and night version.  It's pretty much complete but needs a once over 

EVII to EIX Map pack

This is a possible.... I'm not committing to anything here but it would be cool to make some maps based on the latest films...

Community Resources

I've got a whole folder full of incomplete maps and materials, I will gift these to the community over the next few months. 

New map for (UE4)

And finally I've been working on some content for Unreal Engine (also VR) based on a R1's Jedha & The Mandalorian feel, I know this is not JKA but I will make the textures (simplified) available to the JKA community if that helps)

You can follow all my project in instagram

@jculley3d

Cheers guys, stay home and stay safe!

12 minutes ago, @JCulley3D said:

Thank you & update

Hey guys, sorry been busy working on my YouTube content as I'm building a Star Wars room in my garage...

Please give me a follow (you can even see my Iron Man physical suit build and cosplay)

The room build will be completely themed like a rebel base / SW ship with falcon seats etc... Anyway I posted here as I was so happy to have found all of my old maps on a working HDD as I feared a lot of it lost do so long.  The comments here are very humbling.. but rely I just made a few maps once lol.  

Kamino II

I do plan to release a Kamino II it will be very different from my first... I may just keep it as an outside experience using landing platforms and the cool Ocean I spent a while getting to work just right with minimal inside areas... The issue is trying to merge the new area with my old map, but I will attempt to do that too and keep you all posted. 

Millennium Falcon

I had created a new more accurate version of the Falcon and again I do intend to release this perhaps for RPG, I will create a separate post for this and collect ideas from you all.

Tatooine - Homestead

I will release this map day and night version.  It's pretty much complete but needs a once over 

EVII to EIX Map pack

This is a possible.... I'm not committing to anything here but it would be cool to make some maps based on the latest films...

Community Resources

I've got a whole folder full of incomplete maps and materials, I will gift these to the community over the next few months. 

New map for (UE4)

And finally I've been working on some content for Unreal Engine (also VR) based on a R1's Jedha & The Mandalorian feel, I know this is not JKA but I will make the textures (simplified) available to the JKA community if that helps)

@jculley3d

I would LOVE to see that new V2 of your Falcon, as your V1 is LEGENDARY. Whenever I needed a stock YT series cockpit, it was always there for me. So I hope that V2 will also get a public release. :D

@JCulley3D and Smoo like this
19 hours ago, @JCulley3D said:

Thank you & update

Kamino II

Millennium Falcon

Tatooine - Homestead

EVII to EIX Map pack

Community Resources

New map for (UE4)

@jculley3d

Can maybe make new maps for JKG? ?

23 hours ago, @JCulley3D said:

Thank you & update

Kamino II

Millennium Falcon

Tatooine - Homestead

EVII to EIX Map pack

Community Resources

New map for (UE4)

@jculley3d

As another whose teenagehood was given more light due to your masterful maps, it is a delightful pleasure to see you return here Sith J Cull! And wow - not just Kamino II, but a new Millennium Falcon!?! Please do share this beauty, as that ship map (being able to roam the Falcon) is the very reason I even bothered to look into JK3's modding community for what I'd always wanted to see, and I was impressed then. I can't wait to see how the new ship version will look like - in what I presume to be both RPG and classic FFA style releases!

Smoo likes this

These strange and hard times have certainly been a challenge, but I'm glad you're having time to do some creative work for sure! Anything you release is going to fuel inspiration, imagination and creativity in others for sure!

I think it's probably best to keep Kamino V2 a mostly outdoor map. Maybe some transitional rooms that are spawn points on the platforms or something where you walk out from, but what really set that one apart was being able to fly over those realistic waves!

What version of the falcon are you going for? There are a lot of options... Your 3D skills have really advanced and any version would be more polished, but there's the sequel era Falcon, there's the Solo falcon. I really love the first one's interactivity.

A sequel map pack would be ambitious for sure, but I guess the true question is, did any of the locations inspire you? What are you passionate about? That sort of thing can really help push the creation along.

I love hearing about the community resources too! Allowing others to learn from you is a great way to keep the community thriving.

Good to see you back! Can't wait to see more!

Smoo and Jeff like this