wanting to Learn how to map and model!

Hey, I wanted to ask you guys a question! I do not really know where to post it but i have started to use a program called autodesk inventor (is a tool to create models and assemblies) and i was wondering if there is a similiar tool that can create things for this game, as i would like to learn how to create models or even maps. I am mostly used to creating npcs and do machinimas, but i would like to broaden my knowledge in these fields. What do you guys recommend, is it to follow the steps on the tutorial section are are they outdated? Is Radiant still the best tool to create maps and map objects or is there a new better tool for that. 

Thank you guys for your time   

Smoo likes this

Well, on the mapping front you'd still be looking for GTKRadiant! There's a couple of versions. The tutorial I followed to learn the basics was https://jkhub.org/mapping/richdiesal/richdiesal.htm ?

Wish you all the best with whatever you start working on!

Arthor and Smoo like this

Thanks for the tips i choose the one with the installer however i do not know if you can answer this question but my maps does not want to save, i was following the tutorial you suggested to get started ? and i get this message

"ERROR: couldn't open E:/Program/Lucasarts/Jedi academy/GameData/base/maps/NewmapNo brushes selected.
 for write
Autosaving..." 

I wonder what that could mean i was on tutorial basic brushes. And it was hinted in the tutorial that the install might be the problem but everything is in order.

Hope you guys can help! 

I've had that error before, where it wouldn't save a new brand new map.

Here's a blank.map. It's just empty and saved. Make a copy of it, rename it to whatever you like and use that instead. Saving an existing file is usually fine. Saving a new file is sometimes a problem and I don't remember the technical solution for it.

Blank.map link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/culo1ormquh4pac/Blank.map?dl=0

Arthor likes this