Replace Player Model In Single Player (Mac Steam)

Hi all,

Go easy on me, complete noobie here :) Looking for the easiest way to replace the main player (Kyle) skin/model in single player Jedi Outcast on Mac (running through Steam). I had heard there was a cheat to achieve this (through the console), but none of them seem to work.

In the old days on a PC I'd dive into the pk3 asset files and replace the model files manually, but on a Mac I can't find any software that lets you unpack and pack up pk3 files.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Cheers,

TD

Hey, sounds like you have the experience you need, you just need to know the changes in the Mac version. The Mac version is essentially the same. PK3 files are just ZIP files but renamed. So if you copy them, rename their extension to .zip, and then open them that way, you can access them as normal. You can download any SP model mods to how they did it. You essentially have to replace the kyle model, which is pretty simple. Here's one example:

http://mrwonko.de/jk3files/Jedi Outcast/Mods/Mini-Mods/5721/

22 hours ago, Circa said:

Hey, sounds like you have the experience you need, you just need to know the changes in the Mac version. The Mac version is essentially the same. PK3 files are just ZIP files but renamed. So if you copy them, rename their extension to .zip, and then open them that way, you can access them as normal. You can download any SP model mods to how they did it. You essentially have to replace the kyle model, which is pretty simple. Here's one example:

http://mrwonko.de/jk3files/Jedi Outcast/Mods/Mini-Mods/5721/

Hey there, thanks for the advice! So I changed the extention to .zip, unzipped and changed the files I needed to. Then compressed the folder again into a zip and changed to .pk3. However, it now only recognises it as a document and not an exec file. And when I try to boot the game it comes up with an error. Any thoughts?

7 hours ago, TidusDarklighter said:

Hey there, thanks for the advice! So I changed the extention to .zip, unzipped and changed the files I needed to. Then compressed the folder again into a zip and changed to .pk3. However, it now only recognises it as a document and not an exec file. And when I try to boot the game it comes up with an error. Any thoughts?

Well first off, make sure you're only putting your changed files in the new pk3 and not replacing any game files. I'm not sure what you mean by it's not recognizing as an exec file. It should be a pk3 file, no exe files should have been touched.