How do I open a glm file ?

Hello,

I'm trying to open a glm file, because I know that the glm file is what I need to access in order to modify an existing model in JKA ?

Can someone please tell me how to open the glm file of a JKA model ?

I haven't finished my learning of the 3d modeling program Blender, but I think I have learned enough at least to change the height of a model

can some one please tell me how to open a glm file with the use of Blender ?

Hey,

The height of a model is not changed by altering the glm file. Doing so will in fact break animations for the adapted model.
The Proper way of changing a model's height depends on whether you want to commit that change for multi player or for single player.

For single player you should look into npc files, which can be edited with any text editor.

For multi player it's a bit more complicated, I think it's only possible with JA+/JA++ and some other larger modifications to the game.

Regardless of that, if you do want to edit a glm file in Blender you will need to download the glm plugins for Blender, which you can find in the files section right here:
https://jkhub.org/search/?q=Blender&type=downloads_file

You will need to pick the proper plugin version for your Blender version.

thank you for responding,

is the glm file the thing I need to open to make changes in a JKA model ?

also the height I want to change is in single player in the character selection screen of single player where I choose human male, human female, twilek female, what do I need to edit to change the height of my model in that selection screen & for the change to show in single player cut scenes ?

That's one big can of worms, as they say. It's problematic because when you select any species in the singleplayer menu, as far as I know you will still spawn as NPC player, with that specific model and skin. That, in turns, means that you can't easily set a height for each possible playermodel you can select, only a "global" player size (scale in the .npc file, 100 default for 1.80m height) which will more or less affect the player entity both when playing and during the cutscenes, which will be even more problematic in case they require synchronization with another NPC - Kyle helping Jaden up in the first level being a prime example. I remember scaling down the player and Rosh a little bit in the past (because they're supposedly kids, and supposedly not so big), and it caused this plethora of problems. Maybe there are workarounds and solutions, but these issues didn't prompt me to go ahead with that attempt.

You can try, I just pointed out to you the problems I encountered when trying to achieve a different player size. A good starting point would be to change the player.npc scale and see how it goes, then you can think of making race-specific sizes, though I'm not sure that's achievable.

are you sure scale is 1.80 meters in height ?

because that is the height I am trying to give my model, I want him to be 5 feet 10 inches or 5 feet 11 inches in height which is roughly 1.80 meters ?

how do you know scale 100 is 1.80 meters ?

Desann's bounding box (from what I understand) is 78 in-game units tall. It means he won't be able to walk through a door smaller than 78 (or maybe even more) in-game units. His scale, however, as you can see, is 135. The height value as far as I know doesn't affect his visual size - increasing it to 300 won't make it look that big - but it's only useful for gameplay calculations, as in, how much game space that entity occupies. If you were to change his scale to 400, on the other hand, the visual difference will be noticeable - but given that it has a set height and width value, you probably won't be able to shoot him in the head, as a scale 400 would put it way beyond the 78 in-game units height. At least that's how I understand it is - I may be mistaken, but having played around with scale values in the past I think it's correct.