New to modding!

Hey there!

I actually really enjoy playing JKII. Recently, I've been exploring the game code with WinRAR and adjusting values based on modding recommendations. It's actually brought some new life to the game and I've had a blast. Reaching into the realm of Forums now because I am trying to learn some advanced concepts. One in particular is saber modding.

I've found all of the files for the saber .JPEGs and even found a file that looks like it calls those files. Thought it would be as simple as substituting a .JPEG and having the file call that file instead - NOPE! It was functional but I am still missing something, as only the wire-frame rendered and not the desired light saber color.

Anyways - I'm glad to be here and ready to learn. I'll enjoy looking through these posts and gleaning what I can.

Thanks!

Smoo likes this

Welcome! Always be careful not to edit your game files themselves, but create new ones in PK3 files to override the game files. Any mod you download here will give you examples. Best advice I can give to new modders is find a mod here that does something similar to what you want to do and look at how they did it and learn from it. That's how I learned how to do 80% of what I know. Then of course don't hesitate to post new topics in the Modding Assistance forum.

onomatophobia1 likes this
On 1/29/2020 at 12:03 PM, Circa said:

Welcome! Always be careful not to edit your game files themselves, but create new ones in PK3 files to override the game files. Any mod you download here will give you examples. Best advice I can give to new modders is find a mod here that does something similar to what you want to do and look at how they did it and learn from it. That's how I learned how to do 80% of what I know. Then of course don't hesitate to post new topics in the Modding Assistance forum.

Thank you for the tip! Learning that the hard way...

I altered a .cfg to try and make JA run in full screen. Worked fine for JO but caused issues with JA. had to reinstall ?