Translation - STR files

Many years ago, I started a translation of the game to portuguese but I never got to finish it at the time. Since then, I lost the files and never tried to start over. Now I've decided to do it again, but where at the time the text files were easily found, now I'm unable to find them. I'm looking at 'assets2.pk3', and inside the language folders I only find 'credits.str', 't3_bounty.str' and 'objectives.str' (the latter is missing in the 'english' folder).

Does anyone know where the rest of the files are located?

Thanks in advance.

Smoo likes this
55 minutes ago, LusoJedi said:

Many years ago, I started a translation of the game to portuguese but I never got to finish it at the time. Since then, I lost the files and never tried to start over. Now I've decided to do it again, but where at the time the text files were easily found, now I'm unable to find them. I'm looking at 'assets2.pk3', and inside the language folders I only find 'credits.str', 't3_bounty.str' and 'objectives.str' (the latter is missing in the 'english' folder).

Does anyone know where the rest of the files are located?

Thanks in advance.

The other files are located in 'assets0.pk3'.

Smoo likes this
1 hour ago, Ramikad said:

The path should be assets0.pk3 -> strings -> English. .IBI files are in assets0.pk3 -> scripts, not strings.

D'oh! My bad.

Thanks for the help.

One last question though. I have the option to overwrite one of the existing language options, but what do I need to do to make it its own language option, along the ones available?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, I'm using an existing language file as a basis. However, whenever I finish, how do I add the option to select the new language on the menu options? I don't want to override an existing language, but make it available as a separate option.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. It's in MENUS.str.