Duplicating and mirroring model parts in Blender

I've been duplicating and mirroring the left arm of a model in Blender to make it a right arm, since the model's arms are asymmetrical, been renaming and parenting it and it's corresponding triangles, but when I export and load the model in ModView afterwards, the arm is in the middle of the model, pointing downwards. The model appears fine when reloaded in Blender though, although the duplicated and mirrored parts appear blue compared to the regular grey in solid 3D view. I'm guessing it has something to do with the vertex groups since it still has the ones from the original left arm, but I don't know how to fix that. Any tips on how to successfully duplicate and mirror model limbs?

No I didn't. I've been looking to rename the weights following your instruction, but didn't find anything in the Weight Paint mode which would allow me to do that at first glance, and Google hasn't been very helpful in that regard. How can I rename them?

36 minutes ago, Ivanael said:

No I didn't. I've been looking to rename the weights following your instruction, but didn't find anything in the Weight Paint mode which would allow me to do that at first glance, and Google hasn't been very helpful in that regard. How can I rename them?

Mirroriing a body party is not sufficient. you need to re-weight the mirrored parts with the bones of the specular side.

also, check if the mirrored part have not mirrored/flipped faces.  that happen on 3d max when i use mirror. (maybe on blender not, but i not know blender for be sure).

Ivanael likes this