HK unit model WIP

spacer.png

Statement: Some meatbag decided to make my model for Jedi Academy game.

From author. 
So yeah, i'm happened to be the meatbag, droid kindly mentioned. Basicly, I did'nt found decent and non ported model of HK for JA, so I decided to create one. That would also help me to work on my modeling skills, I hope.
So far it's only a start. Wasted about 20 hours on that stuff for now. I didn't yet work on textures at all. There some details yet missing, obviously. All I did with the textures for now, is just routhly baked a few maps and thrown one of basic smart materials in substance painter. It would definatly be improved in the future.

But regardless of this piece of model is not ready yet, I still wanted to post this wips, to have some feadback, and see if anyone need ja hk model at all. And also, am I correct, that there is no nonported hk model for JA or I just havent spoted one?

Thanks everyone for encouraging word.

On 1/26/2020 at 2:23 AM, Effacer said:

You planning on doing multiple variants? HK-47, HK-50s, HK-55, etc.

Sure, it is a simple reskins after all.

On 1/24/2020 at 9:58 PM, Noodle said:

I might be mistaken, but I think the HK model that MBII uses is not ported but made by them. I might be wrong though. However you should totally keep it up with this, it's looking quite nice!

No, as far as i remember they used ported HK in MB2. 90 percent sure about that. 

Started working on droid's arms. Nothing too significant yet. 

spacer.png

But, as you can see I decided to try make both kotor style and swtor style version of the model. In future I will definetly make a swtor version of torso (both armored and not). But I'm not sure, if its needed to make a swtor version of head. I personaly think hk's heads design in swtor kinda looks worse, than they looked in kotor.

yeyo JK, Torki, Lancelot and 1 other like this
8 hours ago, zahar said:

Started working on droid's arms. Nothing too significant yet. 

spacer.png

But, as you can see I decided to try make both kotor style and swtor style version of the model. In future I will definetly make a swtor version of torso (both armored and not). But I'm not sure, if its needed to make a swtor version of head. I personaly think hk's heads design in swtor kinda looks worse, than they looked in kotor.

Beauty's subjective but I'd love to see the full SWTOR-HK model too.

NumberWan likes this