Discontinuing the Updater

Linken

So the updater is....once again.... not working.

Needless to say, I am beyond infuriated, among a whole other slew of emotions.

I had concluded that the cause of the updater failing over the past few months was a high amount of traffic. My solution was simple, to split up the traffic and lessen the impact.

It appeared to work, with these last 2 days of happy comments. But it only took one comment to make me realize that this solution, like the others, was only temporary.

I had hoped to make downloading the mod as convenient as possible for everyone, to allow us the freedom to release updates and patches as frequently as we'd like, but obviously this can't happen, either because of DDoS attacks on the drives, or just an increase in popularity.

Regardless of the cause, the current path is clear. Tonight, I will release the launcher once again, but the Updater will be removed. The Update and Install buttons will be repurposed to direct you to the Google drive folder where the mod is kept, so you can download the mod and future patches as they're released.

After my long roadmap is completed, I will revisit the updater and attempt an alternative solution for easier and convenient downloading.

I'm sorry it came to this, but I am out of ideas.

As always, we're appreciative of your continued support.

Lancelot likes this
8 hours ago, Linken said:

Will be looking into it much later on. We want to develop content, not waste our time with the updater more.

If you need help, I can help you, I have experience about VPS / OS / Linux Debian servers, So I can easily help you to configure the vps, for free.

3 hours ago, Anonyomus said:

If you need help, I can help you, I have experience about VPS / OS / Linux Debian servers, So I can easily help you to configure the vps, for free.

Well if you'd be interested in developing us a new updater, we'd be very interested to bring you on the team. Join our discord server and ping me.