A few questions for a new modeler

Hey guys, I have been playing around with some modeling software and a few models and looking through the tutorials and I have a few questions.

First off, I have been using Blender mostly because it has had the best tutorials so far, I am wondering though what other people are mainly using and why. I am particularly having the problem that most modeling tutorials seem to be for blender, but most skeleton/ringing/ animation is for soft image.

Second question

Does anyone have a good rigging for Blender for JA? 

Finally, And this is probably in  tutorial I just haven't gotten to yet so if you can just point me in the right direction that will suffice. but what file type should I be exporting and bundling when I am actually ready to drop it into the game.

Thanks

Most people nowadays use blender to create and get models into the game. From what I have seen >90% of them are only kitbashing/Frankensteining to create mixmatched models out of of parts from existing models with little to no custom modeling work. Some of us oldies use 3ds max (like me) or softimage ModTool. 

I think there is a rigging tutorial for blender written by mrwonko, bundled with his original release of the blender plugin suite that Cagelight updated. 

The filetype you need to export your work to is *.glm

Awsome thanks, I havn't actually figured out how to get anything out of the plugin yet, bit hopfully soon. I will take a look at that tatorial, it looks like it is for vehicals though, of course O am sure most of the information is still the same it's probably going to take some reading between the lines to get to an end product. By the way just glancing through it it mentions that .glm files don't recognize multiple material types. Does that mean I need to combined all my skim images into a single image amd reapply across the whole model? Just want to maoe sure befor I make to much extra work for myself.

*edit*

So after doing some looking around I don't think I am getting the plugin installed correctly because the "import-export Jedi Academy Import/Export Tools"

Is not showing up on my list and I do not seem to have the option to export as a GLM

My understanding is the install is pretty simple. Edit>prefrence>addons>install>select the downloaded zip file

If I am missing something please enlighten me.

Edited by Zemm
New infornation

I think there was another tutorial that focuses around playermodels, but I might be wrong. There is also Maui's Tutorial for frankensteining - which covers getting a model ingame after assembling it.

That's not quite what the multiple Materials thing means. It means that you can not have more than 1 material per mesh/polygroup. So while you can have a material per mesh, eg. the head, torso and legs could each use their own material, you can not apply two different Materials to a single mesh without splitting that mesh in two or more pieces, depending on the number of intended Materials. 

Since I'm not a Blender User I'm afraid I can not help with that, I will however ping people that should be able to help, And hopefully not summon their wrath: @Cagelight @SomaZ @swegmaster

Thank you that means what i am doing right now should work as far as applying textures. And thanks I will look around some more for that tatorial some more. I have been usingthe frankenstining tutorial quite a bit, its beenslow though since it is a diffrent version of blender and I have yet to be able to actually import anything from JKA. or the JKA add-on.