Need help installing OpenJK and questions

myshkin

I want to play OpenJK single player and multiplayer for Jedi Academy but I'm having issues installing the mod. Unless I'm mistaken this mod includes an entirely new lightsaber combat system? However when I play Jedi Academy the combat remains the same. The only way I can get OpenJK to run is if I load OpenJEnhanced 1.2 in the mod menu after copying both OpenJK and OpenJEnhanced to my game data (I found it here: https://jkhub.org/files/file/1972-openjediproject-v12-fixed-by-fja/). Otherwise I'm not able to play OpenJK at all, and when I run openjk.x86 I get the standard Jedi Academy game. I'm using the Steam version of the game by the way.

Another thing: when I try to run the application openjk.x86.exe from the desktop I get the following system errors:

"The code execution cannot proceed because OpenAL32.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

"The code execution cannot proceed because SDL2.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

43 minutes ago, myshkin said:

Another thing: when I try to run the application openjk.x86.exe from the desktop I get the following system errors:

"The code execution cannot proceed because OpenAL32.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

"The code execution cannot proceed because SDL2.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

You need to make a shortcut on the desktop rather than have openjk.x86.exe on the desktop. Please follow installation instructions here.

OpenJK and Open Jedi Project are two completely separate things and are not affiliated. OpenJK does not contain any lightsaber changes. Open Jedi Project mod is multiplayer only.