New and interested in contributing

Zemm

Hello everyone, I have been browsing through mods and resources on the site for a few days now. and despite the wealth of material here I have not been able to find exactly what I was looking for so I have decided to try my hand at doing some mods myself. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I am currently trying to get everything set up to do some modeling but am having the problem that a lot of the tutorials are out of date with their resources, so if anyone can point me in the right direction for more up to date information I would really appreciate it. Thanks!   

yes, The resources in the Blender JKA Frankenstein tutorial are for Blender 2.64 and do not work with Blender 2.8 the tutorial itself is also for that version which was still very helpful it just required some significant supplementing from various other resources. I have not made it through many of the other completely yet because I have on;y just gotten a finished model together and even that is questionable. 

If you want to learn to model in Blender, I'd recommend watching any youtube tutorial that teaches basic modelling and then just work your way around how to export to JKA. Right now I think there's no .glm exporter for Blender 2.8, so I'd recommend looking for 2.79 which was the last version before the big update.