Custom resolution in JK3 mods

Good afternoon.

First of all, we would like to apologize to the administrators and moderators if this topic is not in this section or if it has been opened before.

My problem is the following...

I have changed the resolution of the Jedi Academy, but when I try to use some mod like OpenJK or JA+, the resolution does not adapt to the new change, but it keeps the one that was there.

I would like to know how to modify it and which files to edit to have the same resolution in OpenJK,JA+ and Forcemod III as in the base game.

Thanks in advance.   Greetings.

OpenJK does not support option of the past. From the beginning, an option file between original and OpenJK is different.

Path of Original JKA:

Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy \ GameData \ base \ jaconfig.cfg

Path of OpenJK(Windows 7 default):

user \ My Documents \ My Games \ OpenJK \ base \ openjk_sp.cfg

So you need to set option again in OpenJK. But there's a shortcut to set your option.

1. Open the console by pressing Shift+~

2. Type "exec jaconfig"

It'll load your saved option from cfg file.

Enjoy your game!

On 12/25/2019 at 2:25 AM, syainkn said:

OpenJK does not support option of the past. From the beginning, an option file between original and OpenJK is different.

Path of Original JKA:

Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy \ GameData \ base \ jaconfig.cfg

Path of OpenJK(Windows 7 default):

user \ My Documents \ My Games \ OpenJK \ base \ openjk_sp.cfg

So you need to set option again in OpenJK. But there's a shortcut to set your option.

1. Open the console by pressing Shift+~

2. Type "exec jaconfig"

It'll load your saved option from cfg file.

Enjoy your game!

Thank you very much!

A greeting.

• 2 weeks later...

Make a notepad .txt file, change it to .cfg

For single-player, name it autoexec_sp.cfg, if multiplayer, just name it autoexec.cfg, put it in your base folder, then open it up and put this in:

set r_customWidth "1920"

set r_customHeight "1080"

set r_mode "-2"

vid_restart

Thats what fixed it for me, and I play in OpenJK. Make sure you're using your correct resolution, as it may not look right if you aren't, the customWidth and customHeight are for MY computer, but yours might be different.

To change a .txt to a .cfg file you MUST uncheck "hide extensions for known file types" in your folder options, see here:

spacer.png

Hope this helps! Those cfg files mean those exec's will be run on start-up regardless of what mod you're using without you having to do a damn thing after you've placed them in base, easy fix. ?

Smoo and Trotyl like this