Making Star Wars Rise Against the First Order: First Order Ascendant

@ClanKryze511

I understand that you want to make a mod, which is actually a good thing. But looking at this thread, all I see is just ideas and no actual mod material. Sure, if enough people would take part in it, you could have so much more than that. A mod this ambitious is done with a dedicated team, not by a single person.

From what I understand, you're currently trying to work on this alone, right? If yes, that's a red flag, and you should better stop working on this mod before you put too much stress on you for no reason. Also:

1 hour ago, ClanKryze511 said:

and look I'm barely trying to not to get angry and stressed out right now between what @Tompa9 said yesterday to me an 18 year old and being stressed out about this argument that my mom and aunt and uncle (who are my mom's brother and sister) about our pieces of house land after my grandmother died. so I got a lot on on my plate here.

This is another sign that there are much more important things than creating a mod. Trust me, you don't want to get stressed. So many modders have abandoned mods, or even left the community, because too much stress has built up on them. This isn't worth it.

1 hour ago, Lancelot said:

@ClanKryze511

I understand that you want to make a mod, which is actually a good thing. But looking at this thread, all I see is just ideas and no actual mod material. Sure, if enough people would take part in it, you could have so much more than that. A mod this ambitious is done with a dedicated team, not by a single person.

From what I understand, you're currently trying to work on this alone, right? If yes, that's a red flag, and you should better stop working on this mod before you put too much stress on you for no reason. Also:

This is another sign that there are much more important things than creating a mod. Trust me, you don't want to get stressed. So many modders have abandoned mods, or even left the community, because too much stress has built up on them. This isn't worth it.

i'm not stressed out about the mod i'm just stress out out about some stuff that's happening here where I am and I want to have a team with me. i'm not saying I want to do this alone. 

"A mod this ambitious is done with a dedicated team, not by a single person.

From what I understand, you're currently trying to work on this alone, right? If yes, that's a red flag, and you should better stop working on this mod before you put too much stress on you for no reason."

This is so false. Unfortunately you have to go through all the hard work alone. But if you care much, have enough time and motivation you will succeed. Nobody here actually cares about others unless money is involved. However you can expect people to join you later on already finished thing. This happens everywhere not just modding: from youtube channels to huge corporations. It is very hard to start anything from scratch. This is very brave what you're trying to do I wish you best of luck but yeah you are on your own.   

3 hours ago, ClanKryze511 said:

@Jeffhave you ever used the art app GIMP before to make textures? and look I'm barely trying to not to get angry and stressed out right now between what @Tompa9 said yesterday to me an 18 year old and being stressed out about this argument that my mom and aunt and uncle (who are my mom's brother and sister) about our pieces of house land after my grandmother died. so I got a lot on on my plate here.

Yes I do use gimp to make textures. I'm just being honest with my questions, but if you want to get the ball rolling post some screenshots or videos of your work, then people can get an idea of what your doing and maybe find interest to help. Btw hang in there family stuff can get rough at times but in the end they're still your family even through bad times.

42 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Yes I do use gimp to make textures. I'm just being honest with my questions, but if you want to get the ball rolling post some screenshots or videos of your work, then people can get an idea of what your doing and maybe find interest to help. Btw hang in there family stuff can get rough at times but in the end they're still your family even through bad times.

I know and I understand

1 hour ago, Fire Phoenix said:

"A mod this ambitious is done with a dedicated team, not by a single person.

From what I understand, you're currently trying to work on this alone, right? If yes, that's a red flag, and you should better stop working on this mod before you put too much stress on you for no reason."

This is so false. Unfortunately you have to go through all the hard work alone. But if you care much, have enough time and motivation you will succeed. Nobody here actually cares about others unless money is involved. However you can expect people to join you later on already finished thing. This happens everywhere not just modding: from youtube channels to huge corporations. It is very hard to start anything from scratch. This is very brave what you're trying to do I wish you best of luck but yeah you are on your own.   

"you're a modder @ClanKryze511. to bear modding is to be alone".

I understand. thank you. all of you. but I do need help with a tutorial on how to make the level start and end cutscenes when you go to a planet apart from the opening crawl

Sorry, i am not interested to take part on any star wars project at all. i like original ideas and new stories, instead.

you are very ambitious, but if you not know how to model, rig, mapping, script, and code, is hard to do anything.

before start a  big project, you should spent a lot of time for make little projects little things and  learn step by step all the basic knowledge you require. you cannot pretend someone do for you your job without be a wise project leader. and i mean, an expert project leader. history, is not sufficient, if you have not the competence to come your dreams on true.

also, each SW fan, Each SW modder have is own project, and, except for some great projects that are done with workteam of dozen of guys, many do they stuff from they own skills. 

I am not discouraging you, but i want to warning you that before to do any complex thing you need to learn how to do every things.

Lancelot likes this

@ClanKryze511

Okay, that's good. It may be one picture, but at least it shows that you are actually working on something.

Maybe you should start small before you get to work on a big mod. Anything else is crazy, especially if you are literally the only one working on this project. Just take the map that you put the most effort in, finish it up (it doesn't have to be perfect) and show us the results. Who knows, maybe it will inspire others to join and help you out.

TheWhitePhoenix and Asgarath83 like this
16 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

@ClanKryze511

Okay, that's good. It may be one picture, but at least it shows that you are actually working on something.

Maybe you should start small before you get to work on a big mod. Anything else is crazy, especially if you are literally the only one working on this project. Just take the map that you put the most effort in, finish it up (it doesn't have to be perfect) and show us the results. Who knows, maybe it will inspire others to join and help you out.

Plus, he IS working on the Thrawn Trilogy maps. So best take things one step at a time. ?