The way to let npcs ride vehicle

spacer.png

Look at this picture, this mod is 'offworld Jawa from Mandalorian' from JKhub.

In this image, Npcs who are made by Lebargo(JKhub member) are riding tauntaun. In short, even if they are just npcs, they're riding vehicles!! 

How can I do that? How can I make them ride vehicles?

I tried several tests.

1. I  spawned npcs by using cheat codes and used Force Grip to move them over the vehicle. But gripping npc from player side was not easy. And when I succeeded in loading a npc over the vehicle, suddenly he was about to attack the vehicle that he was riding. That experience was quite weird...

2. I used 'noclip' cheat code and floated player over the vehicle, and I spawned a npc, and then spawned npc was successfully rided.  But suddenly he was about to attack the vehicle that he was riding.

In conclusion, it's very difficult to load them on the vehcile. I wanted to make my cavalry troops(mounted troops) in JKA.....

I think the only possible options here, at least for singleplayer, are to do exactly as you did (spawn an NPC right above the vehicle) or copy what Raven did with t2_trip, the only map where enemies ride swoops. Not sure how they did it though. There's also a script command:

//(BHVD)
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_VEHICLE", "DEFAULT" );

which theoretically allows you to make an NPC enter a vehicle, but I never managed to get it working.

This is how i did it. Spawn an Npc with a name, like this "NPC SPAWN JEDI 1", this "1" is the name. Then spawn a vehicle, then open the console and type "control 1",

this gives you control over the NPC. Now you can control a vehicle, now open the console again and type "control"  this will make you go back to the Player.

syainkn and Jeff like this
14 hours ago, SaberBlade83 said:

This is how i did it. Spawn an Npc with a name, like this "NPC SPAWN JEDI 1", this "1" is the name. Then spawn a vehicle, then open the console and type "control 1",

this gives you control over the NPC. Now you can control a vehicle, now open the console again and type "control"  this will make you go back to the Player.

It worked! Thanks:oldgrin:

However npcs riding a horse cannot follow very well.

Anyway, I've just received Lebargo's comment.

As I expected, he spawned jawas right above the tauntaun so that they fall to ride it automatically. But he said that it's not working in MP.