Customisable model icon rgb question

Maui

10 hours ago, ooeJack said:

Hiya Maui.

Are you talking about the icon that you see when you look at the character in the Profile in-game? Or when whoever is in first place, if they're playing that character, then the icon shows at the top?

Hey, yeah I was referring to the First Place position. The icon changes along in the character profile.

Thank you for your response. 

Ah well, sure. Ofcourse you can. You just change the icon file in photoshop or something similar and save it in the same location and name as the original icon file. If you're talking about it changing colour while in-game, animating from colour to colour as you're playing, then I'm not too sure.

13 hours ago, ooeJack said:

Ah well, sure. Ofcourse you can. You just change the icon file in photoshop or something similar and save it in the same location and name as the original icon file. If you're talking about it changing colour while in-game, animating from colour to colour as you're playing, then I'm not too sure.

Yeah was referring to RGB. When you use char_color_red, ... I want it to change too.

ooeJack likes this

Oohhhhh! That! Yea man. Of course you can do that! Sorry I didn't catch that before!

That required 3 separate icon files, named:

1. "icon_default"
  2. "icon_red"
  3. "icon_blue"

These icons have to be saved where your default icon is saved, which is in the "base/models/players/<Your Model/Character/Project name>/".
In there you put your 3 icon files as listed above. If you've already got your icon_default set up, then you'll do fine with getting a red and blue version of it.

When you use your red and blue version of your character, the game will use the red/blue icon. :)

I think this is what you're looking for. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out!

57 minutes ago, ooeJack said:

Oohhhhh! That! Yea man. Of course you can do that! Sorry I didn't catch that before!

That required 3 separate icon files, named:

1. "icon_default"
  2. "icon_red"
  3. "icon_blue"

These icons have to be saved where your default icon is saved, which is in the "base/models/players/<Your Model/Character/Project name>/".
In there you put your 3 icon files as listed above. If you've already got your icon_default set up, then you'll do fine with getting a red and blue version of it.

When you use your red and blue version of your character, the game will use the red/blue icon. ?

I think this is what you're looking for. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out!

I think what he really means is adjusting the colour of a certain model in the selection menu, like you can do with the skin of a Twi'lek and certain parts on the clothing. Maui wants to add just that to his model.

On 11/24/2019 at 3:27 AM, Lancelot said:

I think what he really means is adjusting the colour of a certain model in the selection menu, like you can do with the skin of a Twi'lek and certain parts on the clothing. Maui wants to add just that to his model.

Yeah exactly.

So I'll try to explain it again:

You can set an RGB color to a model (not only red or blue). I want the icon to change aswell to the same RGB color.

On 11/26/2019 at 12:04 PM, Ramikad said:

This should help. It seems possible.

That only works for the model itself.

I am talking about the icon_default. When you're first place in the scoreboard, you see your playermodel's icon in the right upper corner of the screen. That should change along.

Are you sure it only works for the model? After all an icon is just another texture with its own path - wouldn't icons also be affected by a shader? I seem to remember I've seen particular effects applied to player icons, so maybe that same shader works for icons too. Nowhere in the tutorial says it doesn't affect icons: I'd give it a try.

Maui likes this
On 11/28/2019 at 5:25 PM, Ramikad said:

Are you sure it only works for the model? After all an icon is just another texture with its own path - wouldn't icons also be affected by a shader? I seem to remember I've seen particular effects applied to player icons, so maybe that same shader works for icons too. Nowhere in the tutorial says it doesn't affect icons: I'd give it a try.

Thank you, I'll certaintly give it a try and keep you updated about the results.