The Mandalorian and Baby Yoda

On 11/19/2019 at 7:30 AM, Noodle said:

Could also make him an NPC with custom skeleton that follows you everywhere. Useful for SP custom missions and alike.

Ah... so the idea is to put in tons of work, custom animations and all. Then on top of that it we're adding to it by having to script in when, where and how it would work, but also in a custom single player environment.

Again, just because it's cute doesn't mean it's a feasible idea. That's oodles of work, Noodle. ?

Jeff and Psyk0Sith like this
7 hours ago, Daedra said:

Doing it how Jeff said would be the most realistic choice.

Modelling the cradle would be the first thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV6h1MSqV8E

Then putting in Baby Yoda and then have that model act like R2D2 in the game. Instead of beeps, put in some sounds of Baby Yoda making noises for the soundpack.

True but I was thinking just set the baby yoda to the side or behind the player and weigh it to model-root. Then it will just follow you around.

15 hours ago, Jeff said:

True but I was thinking just set the baby yoda to the side or behind the player and weigh it to model-root. Then it will just follow you around.

Not a bad idea on paper, and it will look great as long as the player is standing/walking on level ground, but walking on inclines and performing flips are bound to look ridiculous ?

I do have a bit of a work-in-progress that I've been working on, in addition to other mandalorian models. I've created it as an MB2 replacement, but I can see about getting it released for just OpenJK. It's 8.5k verts, though, so it's a large boy.

Picture here: 

Spoiler

spacer.png

Right now, it needs some extra weighting work done, and I can't seem to remember how double sided faces work in JKA, but other than that, it's fairly good to go. 
EDIT: Also needs shaders, almost forgot.

Edited by Shenghai
Tompa9, Xioth and bigphil2695 like this
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2019 at 1:12 AM, Shenghai said:

I do have a bit of a work-in-progress that I've been working on, in addition to other mandalorian models. I've created it as an MB2 replacement, but I can see about getting it released for just OpenJK. It's 8.5k verts, though, so it's a large boy.

Picture here: 

Hide contents

spacer.png

Right now, it needs some extra weighting work done, and I can't seem to remember how double sided faces work in JKA, but other than that, it's fairly good to go. 
EDIT: Also needs shaders, almost forgot.

Is that how he looks? I recall him looking WAYYYYY different.

Good random Mandalorian though.

GustavoPredador likes this
  • 2 weeks later...