Can't get OpenJK to work on OSX Catalina please help

Hi everyone,

thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I accidentally updated to Catalina so now my steam version of JK doesn't work. I found this website an the github page which seemed to suggest I could once again play JK on my updated mac. However, after following the instructions and moving the files to the 'contents' folder, I am greeted by this message:

"couldn't load default.cfg"

I have no idea how to solve this as I've followed all the steps very closely. I updated homebrew and everything. Please can someone help me? My childhood is slipping away. Thank you all. Kind regards_

On 11/7/2019 at 11:05 PM, please_help said:

Hi everyone,

thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I accidentally updated to Catalina so now my steam version of JK doesn't work. I found this website an the github page which seemed to suggest I could once again play JK on my updated mac. However, after following the instructions and moving the files to the 'contents' folder, I am greeted by this message:

"couldn't load default.cfg"

I have no idea how to solve this as I've followed all the steps very closely. I updated homebrew and everything. Please can someone help me? My childhood is slipping away. Thank you all. Kind regards_

My guess would be that the OpenJK version you have is not compatible with your current operating system. If that's the case, you either have to try the latest build or you have to wait until the compatibility is added to OpenJK.

But maybe it's just a reason I can't explain, as I don't have a Mac.

11 hours ago, Circa said:

That error means that you didn't put the OpenJK.app in the right directory. Make sure it's in the same folder as the base folder, which I don't think is in the contents folder.

Hi Circa, my base folder is in the Contents folder when I click 'show package contents' of the Steam JKJA app. Is this not the correct place? the 'mpdefault.cfg' error still occurs.