Coming very soon to Kotf

Linken

After much deliberation, a very popular suggestion will finally make its way into the mod. You asked, and at last we have listened.

unknown.png

Jedi Outcast is coming to KotF. With many conditions attached:

1. Allowing Jedi Outcast to be playable in KotF does not mean we are distributing the assets of the game.

2. You will be required to own a copy of the game in order for it to work.

3. The option to bring Jedi Outcast into KotF will only be made available to players who use the official Launcher. The launcher will be used to copy the necessary assets from Jedi Outcast to Jedi Academy, then inform the game of Outcast's assets. If you copy Outcast's assets to your base folder on your own, Jedi Outcast will not appear as a viable option in the Campaign selection menu. This feature was included to discourage piracy.

4. If we come to learn that piracy is becoming an issue, Jedi Outcast will be removed from KotF immediately with no chance of it returning.

Jedi Outcast's compatibility will be released as soon as possible.

Smoo, Maksman, Circa and 2 others like this
2 hours ago, Maksman said:

Wait others asked for this beyond me!? Also Thank You guys.

Our most popular suggestions are animations, jedi Outcast, manual blocking, new force powers, and some others. 

We were hesitant to do jedi Outcast due to copyright, but I think ultimately as long as we fight against piracy and require a purchase of jedi Outcast, should be ok. 

Maksman and Odeyseis like this
19 minutes ago, Linken said:

Our most popular suggestions are animations, jedi Outcast, manual blocking, new force powers, and some others. 

We were hesitant to do jedi Outcast due to copyright, but I think ultimately as long as we fight against piracy and require a purchase of jedi Outcast, should be ok. 

Oh I was hoping you guys would make it require the game so those of us who do want it and have it could use it.

33 minutes ago, Maksman said:

Oh I was hoping you guys would make it require the game so those of us who do want it and have it could use it.

I don't understand what you said. Were you saying that we're asking you to buy Jedi Outcast again even if you already own it? 

If so, absolutely not. If you already own it, then you're good to go once we release. 

Maksman likes this
15 hours ago, Lancelot said:

An anti-piracy measure for a mod? Awesome!

But I think that it shouldn't be a problem. I'm pretty sure that most of the players have an actual copy of the game, be it on Steam, GOG or the good old CD.

You're probably right, we just want to take precautions. 

Maksman likes this
3 hours ago, Maksman said:

Hey one quick question did you guys use the Yavin_swamp and YavinCanyon from Jedi Outcast Academy/ Jedi Academy Outcast or did you edit the maps to fix the swamp water skating glitch?

We're using the assets from the JOA mod with some modifications.