Caelum

Excuse the mess.

spacer.png

Introducing our new back-end software
As you might've noticed from the past several days of scheduled maintenance, we've finally updated our backend software! This is a very long overdue upgrade, coming after several years of JKHub seeing no software updates at all. Countless months of work went into this update both on our part, and on third-party developers' parts, as well as unfortunate amounts of money.

We know, things are broken
No, our portal/front page won't keep looking like this. Yes, we know there are awkwardly colored unreadable fonts in places. We're working on it, and over the coming days and weeks, you'll notice everything is slowly fixed. For now though, we felt it was more important to get JKHub up and running as quickly as possible again.

New features
Here is a very incomplete list of new things:

• Entirely new post editor: the old one was old and buggy; the new one should work much better, and save your post content more reliably if your browser crashes or you accidentally press the 'back' button
  • Unicode emoji: This vastly expands on the existing emoji set with the ones already provided by your operating system ?
  • Faster page loads, especially on image-heavy threads
  • Security improvements: from improved password hashing to better filtering of hacking attempts
  • Mobile improvements: a completely new mobile design built into the existing theme using media queries. And unlike the old mobile theme, it actually works!
  • Workflow improvements: from an easier registration process to a more intuitive file submission process.

Most importantly though: this update lays the foundation for several cool things that are coming soon. Right now, we're focusing on fixing bugs, and achieving full feature parity with the old software. Once that's done, we plan to introduce lots of new things, including a completely new, modern-looking design for JKHub.

If you have any questions, or run into especially severe bugs, please do post below. No cosmetic issues please, we're aware of those and working hard on it ?

Circa, z3filus, Smoo and 8 others like this

This new JKHub update is pretty sweet, though it looks like File Licenses are missing from all file pages, which is rather worrying.

Circa likes this

1 hour ago, swegmaster said:

This new JKHub update is pretty sweet, though it looks like File Licenses are missing from all file pages, which is rather worrying.

Good eye. That is indeed concerning... ?

Darn.. my bad; I thought we had more pages there ??

Mobile version gets laggy on phone when I try to add emojis. Oh and; how to log out on mobile? 

Aldro Koon likes this

All of my old notifications are gone. Not sure if that matters, just trying to be observant. Thanks for the update, I've been known to appreciate a well manicured back end.

15 hours ago, Zéfilus said:

Darn.. my bad; I thought we had more pages there ??

Mobile version gets laggy on phone when I try to add emojis. Oh and; how to log out on mobile? 

Probably down to the specs of your phone and your browser I'm afraid. Out of curiosity, what phone + browser is it?

Mobile logout button coming back soon once I fix a minor bug.

20 hours ago, Circa said:

Good eye. That is indeed concerning... ?

Looks like reviews are also missing from files.  I don't see anywhere to give a file a star or five (unless that's a feature of removing ratings?)

9 minutes ago, Darth Futuza said:

Looks like reviews are also missing from files.  I don't see anywhere to give a file a star or five (unless that's a feature of removing ratings?)

Will fix, no review data has been lost

7 hours ago, Caelum said:

Probably down to the specs of your phone and your browser I'm afraid. Out of curiosity, what phone + browser is it?

Honor 6A  + Chrome

You know... when viewing on mobile, instinctively I want to press the back button after viewing a picture to go back to the page it is being viewed from... which in actuality sends the page I'm viewing from back a page. Not sure if that's an issue or my own navigational qualms,  but it's there.

18 hours ago, Aldro Koon said:

@Circa Will the downloads be fixed? Is it a known error?

For example trying to download this gives us an error: https://jkhub.org/files/file/2641-joftemple/

Looks like there was an issue with the ( and ' characters in the link. I took those out and looks like it fixed it. Did the same with your other JoF map.

If anyone runs into any other file download link issues, please report it using the link at the bottom of the file's description.

Aldro Koon likes this