Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy to come to PS4, Nintendo Switch

Message added by Circa

Duplicate of our news post. Locking this thread and re-routing future discussion here.

I'm quite happily surprised by this. Will definitely buy the PS4 ports.

Also curious on the "bringing back the multiplayer" thing they mention in the article. How will that work for consoles?

Expect no mods obviously and a rather standard MP gameplay similar to Academy on the original Xbox.

Hoping there is voice or text chat but its not guaranteed.

Jedi Academy will be re-released as well? Fuck yeah!

The only downside is the lack of mod support, but that is standard in console games, not to mention a rarity. As far as I know, Bethesda supports mods on the console versions of Fallout 4 and Skyrim.

Maybe I just have to overcome my habit to have mods applied to enjoy the game as it is.

They mentioned modernized controls, and I'm looking forward to see what they made with it. And it's great that those who were never able to play these games will

now get the chance to do it.

Smoo and Droidy365 like this

Wish this was somehow cross compatible with PC stuff but probably won't be. I was gonna post this but you beat me too it. I played the original xbox version in the early 2000s and it was terrible so that's kind of what I would expect. 

In the xbox version they didn't even patch the game they left it on 1.02.

Smoo likes this

Wish this was somehow cross compatible with PC stuff but probably won't be. I was gonna post this but you beat me too it. I played the original xbox version in the early 2000s and it was terrible so that's kind of what I would expect. 

In the xbox version they didn't even patch the game they left it on 1.02.

I played the gamecube version of outcast, it wasn't too bad

syainkn and Lancelot like this
  • Circa locked this topic