LV-426 Redux

A few years ago I started another LV-426 map, after rewatching some movies, sketching some new ideas and reworking layouts, I've begun again.
Hopefully with better textures, and a bit more skill, this time around I can make something of this. The only downside is, I've been texting some height requirements for ducts and such, and they still need to be pretty tall to crouch into.
Hopefully I'll be able to work this into something good.

shot0000_zpsefzhmtdw.jpg

Artemis, Lancelot, krkarr and 2 others like this

Check out some of my previous works:
JK Hub - [Editor: Zero Raven]

Now I'm stuck lol. trying to conenct 2 corridors at a right angle with and accurate inner sloped wall means some vertex shifting. It's becoming frustratingly difficult to manage this. Unfortunatle each of the 3(?) floors has a central hub with at least 2 or 4 of these slopes, depends if its a T juntion or cross hub.Ironically if I can get this corner resolved the rest will be easy.

@@Ramikad @@AshuraDX thanks for the replies. After sleeping on it for the night, I tried a different approach. After a small scale vertex alignment I managed to ger the corridor merge where I wanted it. Now its also duplicated in my off side "prefabs section" lol.
Here's some SC's of the merge before and after. Thanks again.

bFhiZlv.png

9ihsv6s.png

@@Ramikad @@AshuraDX thanks for the replies. After sleeping on it for the night, I tried a different approach. After a small scale vertex alignment I managed to ger the corridor merge where I wanted it. Now its also duplicated in my off side "prefabs section" lol.

Here's some SC's of the merge before and after. Thanks again.

bFhiZlv.png

9ihsv6s.png

yes you can use the connecting brushes for that idea, i am using that actually a lot in my design, especially when i am working with rock wal formations. Use your vertexes to connect point a to point b and shape will stay, in case of 45 degrees angles, pretty much the same. Sometimes you have to improvise, but i am sure you can do that

Sweet. Reminds me of ALIENS since I love the whole story and continuing saga. I once did a whole ton of textures for the SULACO. Unfortunately, they are lost. ALIENS vs PREDATOR CLASSIC 2000! Alien Isolation I didn't dig too much. I have the trilogy as well as Prometheus. I would love to do another SULACO level, if I had the time... which I don't. :sad face: :(

May i suggest you add some more light sources? (floor lights or something more sinister, see szico's tutorial on creating light sources below the ground with grate effect) The hallway is kinda dark and it's hard to spot details this way, with some spooky lighting this way you can create a very sinister effect without plastering your walls full with decals

https://jkhub.org/topic/10094-shadowing-effects-and-alpha-shadowing/

• 1 month later...