| STAR WARS - LEGENDS |

HELLO THERE!

I am a huge fan of the Star Wars EU or 'Legends' and I got kind of bored today so I figured I would try to make 3 of my all time favorite Star Wars characters...

Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin Solo!

(I may make more EU characters if the reception to these guys is good.)

C1iGQSV.jpggg40nqg.jpg

First up,

Jacen Solo (aka Darth Caedus):

JxMSIN6.jpgjU3Xtpc.jpgdpLUYhY.jpgCUuFcK3.jpgHkpDzym.jpg

Next,

The Sword of the Jedi!

Jaina Solo:

IAEX3Yq.jpgIwwO91Y.jpgsP00Txb.jpg7Oc1jIX.jpg8bVWc1F.jpg

and finally,

Anakin Solo:

qci48iY.jpgrRTWfAC.jpgGsF5YlQ.jpg

Credits go to where they are due! Please let me know if I am using one of your character models here! I will be sure to credit you.

Let me know what you all think! :winkthumb:

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU ALL!

wgYtTUV.jpg

(If any of you would like download links for these characters, please just say so! I will upload them right away!)

Well, just got contacted by Punisher telling me not to tinker/share his models.

Oh well. At least you guys get to see them! :winkthumb:

Have a good day!

(edit: he went ahead and deleted the conversation with me... I dunno if that means I can upload download links...) (Will wait for now in case it was a mistake.)

Well, just got contacted by Punisher telling me not to tinker/share his models.

Oh well. At least you guys get to see them! :winkthumb:

Have a good day!

(edit: he went ahead and deleted the conversation with me... I dunno if that means I can upload download links...) (Will wait for now in case it was a mistake.)

Obviously you're not allowed to post links. :ph34r:

I have a huge problem!

I was just playtesting as Anakin Solo and noticed that if I stand like a meter away from the character model while in-game some of his limbs (ie: his head, hair, and legs) suddenly disappear?? They just pop in and out depending on how close I stand to the character.

Does anyone know why this may be?? and does anyone know a fix?

Any help at all would be very much appreciated! :(

Was the model put together in blender? How high is the polycount? Are shaders involved?...troubleshooting without the .glm is difficult.

Yes I put the model together in blender. Not sure how to check the polycount to be completely honest.  Yes, I just used the individual shaders for the original models I was altering. Put them all together in a shaders file within the .pk3

Thank you so much for your help btw!

Could I maybe send you the model and you can take a look?

*edit* I'm going to assume that the issue is the same for my Jacen Solo and Darth Caedus models too. They use the same head and hair models.

I have a huge problem!

I was just playtesting as Anakin Solo and noticed that if I stand like a meter away from the character model while in-game some of his limbs (ie: his head, hair, and legs) suddenly disappear?? They just pop in and out depending on how close I stand to the character.

Does anyone know why this may be?? and does anyone know a fix?

Any help at all would be very much appreciated! :(

Sounds like you have LOD's on some parts of the model and are missing LOD's on other parts.

D A R K S ! D E likes this

Well you have two choices really, delete all the lod's 1,2,3 or create lod's for the disappearing parts. 

I really have no idea how to do that.

Wouldn't deleting the rest of the LOD's make the entire model disappear when at a distance?

But if creating 3 LOD's is what I need to do then I think I will do that. Is there a tutorial anywhere on JKHUB that teaches you to do this?

I really have no idea how to do that.

Wouldn't deleting the rest of the LOD's make the entire model disappear when at a distance?

But if creating 3 LOD's is what I need to do then I think I will do that. Is there a tutorial anywhere on JKHUB that teaches you to do this?

As long as you leave model_root 0 in tact you'll be fine, but LOD's are there to improve performance. They are set-up to reduce the quality of the model as the player gets further from said model. If you have no LOD's then the model is displayed in high quality at all times.

As long as you leave model_root 0 in tact you'll be fine, but LOD's are there to improve performance. They are set-up to reduce the quality of the model as the player gets further from said model. If you have no LOD's then the model is displayed in high quality at all times.

Thank you so much Jeff!

So in theory,

If I was to make duplications of the individual model pieces that need "LOD's" in blender and just literally rename the pieces,

ie: torso_0 would then be duplicated and renamed to torso_1, torso_2, torso_3 and then I would bind all the duplications (torso_1, torso_2, torso_3) to the same body part as torso_0, usually hips_0.

Should that solve my issue and keep my model at the same level of detail no matter the distance? :mellow:

Thank you so much Jeff!

So in theory,

If I was to make duplications of the individual model pieces that need "LOD's" in blender and just literally rename the pieces,

ie: torso_0 would then be duplicated and renamed to torso_1, torso_2, torso_3 and then I would bind all the duplications (torso_1, torso_2, torso_3) to the same body part as torso_0, usually hips_0.

Should that solve my issue and keep my model at the same level of detail no matter the distance? :mellow:

Yeah you got it. But in this specific case the level would change because you have some working LOD's in there already.

Fixed!!

Thanks so much for your help Jeff!!

... Maybe you can help me with another issue I'm having.

I am trying to edit a .jpg image of a face for Anakin and Jacen Solo using photoshop.

I compress the image to be the smallest it can be too.

But whenever I input it into my character file and then try to enter a match of MB2 using said character file with the edited .jpg, my game instead crashes.

Do you have any idea why this may be?

Fixed!!

Thanks so much for your help Jeff!!

... Maybe you can help me with another issue I'm having.

I am trying to edit a .jpg image of a face for Anakin and Jacen Solo using photoshop.

I compress the image to be the smallest it can be too.

But whenever I input it into my character file and then try to enter a match of MB2 using said character file with the edited .jpg, my game instead crashes.

Do you have any idea why this may be?

I don't use photoshop but try opening it in MS paint and saving a copy, I know from using gimp if I have my export settings to progressive with jpg I'll get errors.