Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Remastered

so for the Yavin levels, are the Jedi going to be more varied like in Academy? Like, different saber styles, different races and such?

The mod will make JK with better graphics,HQ models,hq effects etc. So maybe some of the jedis will have differend races...who knows 

The mod will make JK with better graphics,HQ models,hq effects etc. So maybe some of the jedis will have differend races...who knows 

Maybe I should rephrase that. So you know how Jedi Outcast was only limited to 3 different Jedi models? Would it be possible to incorporate all the other Jedi from JKA like the master and the students? Like for example when you go to the Jedi Academy, the models will be more diverse, like a Rodian training in one room and a Zabrak in the other, etc.

Maybe I should rephrase that. So you know how Jedi Outcast was only limited to 3 different Jedi models? Would it be possible to incorporate all the other Jedi from JKA like the master and the students? Like for example when you go to the Jedi Academy, the models will be more diverse, like a Rodian training in one room and a Zabrak in the other, etc.

That would require Jedi outcast having the ability to create and spawn randomized models like Jedi Academy does. In JK3, the jedi NPC will use the playermodel "Jedi_random" in their NPC file to have the game create and spawn them as a completely randomly generated playermodel. JK2 lacks the ability to spawn randomly generated models, JK2 doesn't even have the ability to cusomize any types of playermodel. It's also not possible, as far as I know, to have the game spawn a random model out of a predetermined list of multiple models for a single NPC anyway, it can only use a single model. The only example I am aware of this "sort of" happening is with the Stormtrooper NPC, the maps will randomly spawn either the NPC "Stormtrooper1" or "Stormtrooper2", but you still only have two NPCs/two models to choose from here. 

You could edit the map's script to allow it to randomly spawn different NPCs that have Jedi stats, similar to how maps will randomly spawn either Stormtrooper1 or Stormtrooper2, but I have no idea how to do that. 

For this mod, because humans are the most commonly found types of Jedi seen in the JK2 and JK3, it'll just use higher quality human Jedi models. 

That would require Jedi outcast having the ability to create and spawn randomized models like Jedi Academy does. In JK3, the jedi NPC will use the playermodel "Jedi_random" in their NPC file to have the game create and spawn them as a completely randomly generated playermodel. JK2 lacks the ability to spawn randomly generated models, JK2 doesn't even have the ability to cusomize any types of playermodel. It's also not possible, as far as I know, to have the game spawn a random model out of a predetermined list of multiple models for a single NPC anyway, it can only use a single model. The only example I am aware of this "sort of" happening is with the Stormtrooper NPC, the maps will randomly spawn either the NPC "Stormtrooper1" or "Stormtrooper2", but you still only have two NPCs/two models to choose from here. 

You could edit the map's script to allow it to randomly spawn different NPCs that have Jedi stats, similar to how maps will randomly spawn either Stormtrooper1 or Stormtrooper2, but I have no idea how to do that. 

For this mod, because humans are the most commonly found types of Jedi seen in the JK2 and JK3, it'll just use higher quality human Jedi models. 

I figured it would be something like that. Would've been nice but oh well. Still looking forward to this though

My gripe with that new Kyle Katarn head, is the hairline (mainly).. It really doesn't blend well and still needs some work. Hopefully, it can be fixed.. But other than that, this is looking like a great improvement.

Good job, GP!

thanks,about Kyle,the head is an old model by the team of Dark Pastime. Its a little low poly but the best head what looks like the actor Jason Court,who played Kyle in Dark Forces II

Tompa is try to make the head more high poly,so im looking forward how his version will look.

Btw thx,we have a fantastic team,and soon we will finish the main character models,and after the model,we can finally focus on the textures.

This is looking amazing so far, but may I make a suggestion? I think DT's First Order Stormtroopers variants would be better for this. Considering the game takes place 8 years after RotJ, it would make sense for the armor to evolve. Then again, I just personally like the sleeker appearance of the FO Stormtroopers better so I'm probably just biased lol.

General Howard, Smoo and GPChannel like this

This is looking amazing so far, but may I make a suggestion? I think DT's First Order Stormtroopers variants would be better for this. Considering the game takes place 8 years after RotJ, it would make sense for the armor to evolve. Then again, I just personally like the sleeker appearance of the FO Stormtroopers better so I'm probably just biased lol.

Hey bro. Good idea but i want to stay with OT style dont want to add sequel things to the mod. :) we want to remaster the game but we want to stay with the legends style u know. But we will add maybe some sequel easter egg :)

GALACTUS and TheWhitePhoenix like this

Hey bro. Good idea but i want to stay with OT style dont want to add sequel things to the mod. :) we want to remaster the game but we want to stay with the legends style u know. But we will add maybe some sequel easter egg :)

Fair enough. Can't wait to see how it'll turn out! :)