Pinball Kylo Ren Errors

Thanks to @@DarthValeria and some of my own work, the ported Kylo Ren model from SW Pinball was rigged to the JKA skeleton and the verts were reduced. It can be used ingame, but there are a lot of serious issues with how it deforms in animations. To list what I've been able to see:

• The kilt splits open horizontally from behind and in front in wide-legged stances
  • The underkilt also splits open below in certain animations
  • The half-cape tends to detach from the hood
  • The arm mesh tends to collapse into the elbow area when bent
  • The hood slightly detaches from the scarf around the neck area
  • The shoulder area splits open

The lighting in these screenshots off since my Modview has really odd gamma problems, but I tried my best to tone it down reasonably:

https://imgur.com/a/kS0yLQT

I would've uploaded the images into this post but the "" functions don't appear to be working for this site anymore, nor the Image button.

Anyone willing to provide some tips/help so we can get this model working? (Ideally in a way that wouldn't require rigging it again, but I'm all ears regardless.)

Thanks to @@DarthValeria and some of my own work, the ported Kylo Ren model from SW Pinball was rigged to the JKA skeleton and the verts were reduced. It can be used ingame, but there are a lot of serious issues with how it deforms in animations. To list what I've been able to see:

• The kilt splits open horizontally from behind and in front in wide-legged stances
  • The underkilt also splits open below in certain animations
  • The half-cape tends to detach from the hood
  • The arm mesh tends to collapse into the elbow area when bent
  • The hood slightly detaches from the scarf around the neck area
  • The shoulder area splits open

The lighting in these screenshots off since my Modview has really odd gamma problems, but I tried my best to tone it down reasonably:

https://imgur.com/a/kS0yLQT

I would've uploaded the images into this post but the "" functions don't appear to be working for this site anymore, nor the Image button.

Anyone willing to provide some tips/help so we can get this model working? (Ideally in a way that wouldn't require rigging it again, but I'm all ears regardless.)

All those errors you tell us about seems to be only bad weightening of the specific parts :) 

These are not just weighting problems, holes like these can be genersted by automatic reduction tools designed to reduce the polycount of a model.

If the verticee on opposite sides of the hole don't share the exact same weights you'll see this behaviour during animation.

Tompa9 likes this