Multiplayer command "devmap" keeps crashing my game

I've just created a vanilla server for my friend and I to play on. My intentions with the server are to have a team of just bots that my friend and I (on the opposing team) can fight. However, to add bots with the addbot command, I try to use /devmap mp/ffa2, but it crashes my game and gives me an error. The error says "VM_Create on game failed". 

Here are the logs:

]\devmap mp/ffa2
    devmap
    devmapall
    devmapmdl
]\devmap mp/ffa2
------ Server Initialization ------
Server: mp/ffa2
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
D:\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\base\assets3.pk3 (16 files)
D:\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\base\assets2.pk3 (62 files)
D:\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\base\assets1.pk3 (8320 files)
D:\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\base\assets0.pk3 (15346 files)
D:\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData/base
----------------------
71232 files in pk3 files
Loading dll file jampgame.
Failed to load dll, looking for qvm.
Loading vm file vm/jampgame.qvm.
Failed.
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
VM_Create on game failed

I've tried reinstalling the game multiple times to no avail. Everything is being run in Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode and also as an Administrator. I'm just at a loss of what to do. 

As an aside, I'm also trying to use the console command cg_thirdpersonrange to zoom out the camera a bit, but I get a message saying "that cheat is protected" or something like that. I'm not sure if that would be resolved by fixing the previous issue.

If anyone can help me out, I would be very thankful.