Ammo as force power

Hello There!

I want to set for one weapon to use force power as ammo. I thought it will be easy - just to set it as ammotype 1 in weapons.dat. But it doesnt work like this. It shows 100  on the right but when i reach 0 - i cant get ammo back. even with cheat codes. This ammunition is like some forgotten part of the code.  

From observation in code in general force powers points are some kind of ammuniation type but it counts as something separately. Does anyone know how to achieve this? 
Because in one of my mods - i changed force power to just battery energy

Hello There!

I want to set for one weapon to use force power as ammo. I thought it will be easy - just to set it as ammotype 1 in weapons.dat. But it doesnt work like this. It shows 100  on the right but when i reach 0 - i cant get ammo back. even with cheat codes. This ammunition is like some forgotten part of the code.  

From observation in code in general force powers points are some kind of ammuniation type but it counts as something separately. Does anyone know how to achieve this? 

Because in one of my mods - i changed force power to just battery energy

sorry but i was on hospital. where there are two way for doing that, one is coding, but is little tricky, the other... have you tryed with ammo force powers crystals dropped from CLASS_SHADOWTROOPER foes?maybe you can recharge with items and some kind of elemental magic cloacking creatures. you should archivie that for the most powerful weapon  maybe. :)

we well talk on discord of that, if you want. bye.

I remember I was trying to do this once, with a pistol weapon. If I remember correctly, the Force Crystals did nothing either. I wound up just giving up towards the end.

Sorry, this isn't a very helpful answer lol. As Asgarath said, it's probably possible with coding. I'd imagine there would be a way to make it act as a force power does with draining force power.

Another option could be to try and replace Force Lightning, either by modding effects, or by changing the code for it too.

• 2 weeks later...