Valora: Underlevels WIP

A year ago I started on a city planet (yes its been that long) but yet I was still learning how to map so it didn't really go all that far.

But after some practice I think I got the hang of this. So here is the under levels of my fictional city planet. (Valora) Inspired by Coruscant's level 1313 and both real Los Angeles and Blade Runner 2049's depiction of it. I'm shooting for this to be my first release. 

2t1d2fm.jpg

This is basically one giant skyportal so far. Pretty much everything is animated from the building lights, to the new flying traffic shader I made, the holographic advertisements which I plan to make more of. and to the new skylight shader with small dust particles slowly trickling down. 

Now I need to get the rest of the base map as visually appealing as its skybox :)

0cKSuqI.jpg

1azZYTt.jpg

Jeff, DarthStiv, Langerd and 26 others like this

Your progress has been astounding, and your work with skybox portals is beyond measure. I wait with baited breath for your relief, and thank you for showing us glimpses along the way.

Inspiration from things like Blade Runner is great for any city world, and seeing this map makes me feel better about 1313 never coming to life. At least somehow we're able to venture to the deep dark.

This is one of the most stunning maps I've ever seen, it's even more incredible to see it ingame with the ambience music in the background. Can't wait for this to be released, it'll be great!

your work with skybox portals is beyond measure. I wait with baited breath for your relief, and thank you for showing us glimpses along the way.

Inspiration from things like Blade Runner is great for any city world, and seeing this map makes me feel better about 1313 never coming to life. At least somehow we're able to venture to the deep dark.

GOOD GOD! This is absolutely beautiful! Be proud of what you have been able to do thus far! I can't wait to see its development!

I m still gawking at it XD

Sting likes this
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So some updates.

I gutted the map (aside from the skyportal) to make it more stylized to match up with its skybox. Don't mind the grey in some areas, I'm still crafting textures. I'm currently experimenting with volumetrics to add to the feel and blend the skyportal in some areas.

This is going to be the central lift which will take you into the common area. Im going to eventually put a large red neon sign behind the support beams, I'm using a red motif to make it feel like your metaphorically descending into hell.

Csn5Yen.jpg

This is going to be the common area, eventually it will be filled with some more city lights, more detail, and of course some neon. Its rudimentary right now.

7i2V8Ni.jpg 

Updates to the docks and the skyportal.

89Jskjy.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...