Blender Verticle Problem for Jedi Academy / ModView

Go to solution Solved by Psyk0Sith,

If you guys can help me in this problem It'll be very appriciated

My problem is i can export it without weight problems or something else

Howewer, when i ever test model in ModView , it says that a part is more than 1000 verticles but i checked out every part of the model and all of them are less than 800 verticles

Please help me to solve this problem <3

Here you can examine it if you want :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/c2lhtbe1ek62ztu/Lisa.zip/file

• Solution

The issue is coming from the legs of the character (and more). If you want to get rid of the error, split the boots themselves as separate objects, you could detach the plate armor on each leg as their separate object and repeat with other parts if that is not enough. There are also a bunch of other meshes that break the limit.

mMHm9uX.jpg

DarthValeria likes this

The issue is coming from the legs of the character. If you want to get rid of the error, split the boots themselves as separate objects, you could detach the plate armor on each leg as their separate object and repeat with other parts if that is not enough.

I had no choice but to do it but every mesh was less than 1000 vertices , it's weird

Limit is actually 500...blender doesn't have anything to check the restrictions and let everything go through so you'll get error messages.

EDIT: there's also a crap load of issues with flipped normals and unwelded verts...the jacket has it's whole inside surface flipped inside out, at least when i imported the .glm, not sure how it looks in blender.

DarthValeria likes this

The reason you're getting more than 1000 vertices when loading the model in modview even though in blender it says it has less is because when exporting the model to .glm the new exporter automatically splits the seams in two, so even if you delete the duplicates it'll re-create them. That means that a model that has 800 vertices could easily end up having more than a 1000. 

DarthValeria likes this