Tavion with jedi/dark jedi robes

I would like to request someone take the JKA Tavion head and frankenstein it onto the female robed jedi model by Scerendo. I would prefer the fully robed model, but with hood down 

Having the hood up would just look confusing and be a pain in the ass to edit with the feathers clipping I'd imagine. There's also a robed variant that is sleeveless. That is fine to use also, either one is good. 

Finally, I would like her robe to be an entirely black shade to make it stand out from the other customizable options and to show she is full dark side. There is a red/black option, but that is not included in the fully robed model and there isn't even a fully black option for any robe in the game.

Thanks to anyone who attempts to create this! IDK how hard this would be. Honestly, if a model alone is made, me or somebody else can just make the texture edit. 

I would like to request someone take the JKA Tavion head and frankenstein it onto the female robed jedi model by Scerendo. I would prefer the fully robed model, but with hood down

Having the hood up would just look confusing and be a pain in the ass to edit with the feathers clipping I'd imagine. There's also a robed variant that is sleeveless. That is fine to use also, either one is good. 

Finally, I would like her robe to be an entirely black shade to make it stand out from the other customizable options and to show she is full dark side. There is a red/black option, but that is not included in the fully robed model and there isn't even a fully black option for any robe in the game.

Thanks to anyone who attempts to create this! IDK how hard this would be. Honestly, if a model alone is made, me or somebody else can just make the texture edit. 

Hello. The best think for you would be to learn kitbashing. It isnt that hard. You need blender with JKA plugin and search for Jedi Academy blender tutorials on youtube. 

TheWhitePhoenix likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello. The best think for you would be to learn kitbashing. It isnt that hard. You need blender with JKA plugin and search for Jedi Academy blender tutorials on youtube. 

"It isn't hard" lol OK, you and I will have to have a long discussion one day about what makes something that "isn't that hard". 

So I took your advice and decided to learn how to use Blender for the first time. It seems like every single JK2 and/or JK3 guide I looked up was missing one important detail here and there or they were able to do things with Blender that I wasn't able to do, even when I followed it step for step, which was also apparent by the comments of these guides all having similar problems. I guess Blender "isn't that hard" now that I know how to work with it now, but it was a pretty good pain in my ass figuring it out for the first time. Whatever, that's all done. After what I can only say was the most annoying (mainly self-taught) learning experience I've ever had, I made some results.

lc2sE8U.pngwv4yIuO.png

I used the Athena model by Ruxith, cut the parts out and replaced them all with Tavion_new's head parts. The result looks quite satisfying. I tried to do the same with the Robed Jedi model, but the GLM only loaded the skeleton in Blender. This usually happened whenever I loaded a model that wasn't "simple", like models that use non-humanoid animations, have several customizable model variations, etc. I've got to figure that out at some point.

But eitherway, I made my first kitbash. Yay!

I really should thank you, I needed to learn how to do this sooner or later and I kept postponing it. Mostly a lack-of-time issue.

Torki, Jeff, Delmi and 3 others like this

"It isn't hard" lol OK, you and I will have to have a long discussion one day about what makes something that "isn't that hard". 

So I took your advice and decided to learn how to use Blender for the first time. It seems like every single JK2 and/or JK3 guide I looked up was missing one important detail here and there or they were able to do things with Blender that I wasn't able to do, even when I followed it step for step, which was also apparent by the comments of these guides all having similar problems. I guess Blender "isn't that hard" now that I know how to work with it now, but it was a pretty good pain in my ass figuring it out for the first time. Whatever, that's all done. After what I can only say was the most annoying (mainly self-taught) learning experience I've ever had, I made some results.

lc2sE8U.pngwv4yIuO.png

I used the Athena model by Ruxith, cut the parts out and replaced them all with Tavion_new's head parts. The result looks quite satisfying. I tried to do the same with the Robed Jedi model, but the GLM only loaded the skeleton in Blender. This usually happened whenever I loaded a model that wasn't "simple", like models that use non-humanoid animations, have several customizable model variations, etc. I've got to figure that out at some point.

But eitherway, I made my first kitbash. Yay!

I really should thank you, I needed to learn how to do this sooner or later and I kept postponing it. Mostly a lack-of-time issue.

Awesome! Not bad for a first kitbash. Out of all the characters of Jedi Academy, Tavion was the one that really needed a reworked model.

I have collected many ideas for how Tavion could look like, especially in armor. Would you mind if I send you a PM to share my ideas?

This took waaaaaaaaay too long to get just right, but it's finally done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ElWlUr_tw8

A fully animated lightning shader effect on Tavion for her possessed skin variant, inspired by this old mod, but translated onto a much more complex model.

ovmVH22.pngH7id10t.pngiPIegTi.pngtcitTWT.pngFX1FZxl.png

The transition from regular Tavion to possessed Tavion and vice-versa is also flaweless, no messed up textures seen in other replacement mods.

vie9yfS.png

Smoo, Torki, Delmi and 6 others like this

I'll see about a download at some point. I've got to finalize texture designs for her armor, come up with a few more fixes and try and get into contact with the original model creators for their permission to use their work. Plus this summer is quite a busy one - might take a bit to upload this mod ready. 

I'm also going to do a version with Tavion's JK2 head at some point and have the possessed shaders work on that. I know a lot of people really don't like her JK3 head.

Also, if you're curious, the glitch with her hair feathers is fixed. You can see the feathers on both sides. 

Jeff and JAWSFreelao like this

I just have to give you major kudos for putting forth the effort. So many people want, but even less do. You deserve some big points for taking the plunge and learning how.

Thanks mate, at some point I'm going to try to take that dark trooper model you included in your old dark forces mod and work the skeleton to the rocket trooper. That's honestly half the reason I tried to learn blender in the first place, That'll be a little harder to do/learn than what I've done with Tavion, though. Whenever I get that done with, I'll let you know.

JAWSFreelao likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

Got some free time this weekend; time for an update! Got the model ported into JK2. This was way harder for me to figure out than doing the actual kitbash itself, it felt like nothing was working right. Now that I know what I'm doing now, porting models from JK3 to JK2 is a breeze.

I also got bored and wanted to port Desann's head on Psyk0sith's Malgus' armor cause his armor is pretty darn fitting. Inspired by this video. The dude actually did the same kitbash himself (Desann's head on Malgus' body) too in another video he did on his channel. Learned a lot about Kitbashing and how blender works with models today. Good stuff :) I know it's not much for the heavy-duty modders out there, but little stuff like this makes me happy to see in the game, I always wanted to be able to customize my characters down to every detail.

LjKgwA1.jpg

few more images:

5FtyqAg.jpg

WR9Kar6.jpg

r2E8cQ0.jpg

8x6kPkY.jpg

oqacgmq.jpg

There was initially a big gap between Desann's neck and the amor in this view. I had to edit it again to lower the head and make it fit better on the armor.

Z9IBKxZ.jpg

The dark reskin of Desann's head was used from Jolly's "Sith Lord Desann" mod 

The only downside to these ports/kitbashes in JK2 is that some characters in cutscenes have an awkward movement or two. For example, the scene here that shows Desann turns his head towards Tavion shows him move his head a good deal farther back... not full out neck-breaking, but it does look like he's straining himself a tad. Nothing real bad, but kinda funny. Tavion also stares a little farther out here. I like to think that Tavion isn't looking at Desann anymore, just staring into space at the adjacent window, contemplating something. Desann tries to look her directly in the face by utilizing his incredibly flexible lizard neck.

I wanted to replace Malgus' hands with Desann's, and it worked, but it wouldn't show him holding the lightsaber. It was invisible, plus I've got to deal with the new transparent gap on his wrists that was once covered up by the original hands. They also don't really fit all that well. I'll have to work more on that later. I'm also debating removing Malgus' shoulder pads. They look a little too bulky and don't translate well on certain cutscenes. 

Again, like I said, I'll try and get a release out eventually. I want to polish things up and get some textures looking a little more fitting/original. If psych0sith allows me to use his work, considering it'll be ported to JK2 (and barely anything really changed on a technical level, just a new head), I'll release it. All up to him. Same goes for the original creator of Tavion's armor model.

Hope you think it looks good!

Torki, Lancelot, Teancum and 2 others like this

Alright, at this point I'm just having fun with porting and kitbashing now. Might just start a different thread with personal stuff I make out of boredom.

Again, JK2 singleplayer:

Luke's neck clipped waaaaay too much, took forever to portion it just right and I'm still not quite content. It'll do for now, though. 

yZlfVgS.jpg

So I've got a few issues with Tavion. In JK2, she'll only work properly if you're running an OpenJK build for JK2. As far as I'm aware, the only build available on JKHub (The JK2 Enhanced version) doesn't work. I have that mod still and am currently using it, so it's not an issue for me. Other people will get glitched up textures with Tavion without it, though.

So ya, in order for it to work for JK2, you'll need to have the mod OpenJK compiled for JK2 somehow.