JKHub JA+ Server

Wookiee

I've decided to donate and run for JKHub a JA+ on my linux dedicated server to help spread the word of advertising, fan club of jkhub players like on JP or JA+ Official Servers. Plus I want to help out as much as I can to help others enjoy playing Jedi Academy.

If this gets the good green light, I'll let Caelum know the details so he can access.

I've decided to put JA+ 2.4 Beta1 up and JASS 3.0.0 and no force settings on map rotation.

IP - 74.118.195.164:24000

For now Build 7 would be a better option than Beta 1.

Me personally I think calling it e.g. Official JKHub Server wouldn't be the best idea, but rather something like "The Hub" which encourages clan recruitment like the old ClanWarriors server (Where a lot of clans including JAWA got their start). Oh and if we're going to do something like that it'd have to be on a decent host e.g. LPGS to ensure it's stable/reliable.

But this should be Caelums decision since he's the manager, perhaps rename the server until he's come to a decision?

I agree that an official JKHub server would be a bad idea. But it would be nice to have a server that is "On neutral ground" for Hub users, as frankly, I would love a server to visit that has no clan affiliations, that way the server doesn't get bogged down by anyone's politics, it can just be to the point, and a place for anyone to play.

So basically what SiLink said. A server for anyone, but not explicitly associated with JKHub. This would also mean the the JKH staff don't need to worry about moderating it and the like, that would fall to you/whoever you wish to make admin, if you choose to moderate it at all.

I certainly think it was a bad move to put JKH's name on it before getting permission.

I could install make in a hydroball v2 server instead which is located in NY, or I will go with 'The Hub' idea.

I really think one hydroball server is enough xD Not enough hydroballers to go round as it is.

• 3 weeks later...