Help me fix the Advent Children Buster Sword Replacement

Hello, JkHub

You might know about the mod called Advent Children Buster Sword Replacement, which can be found on this site under the following link: https://jkhub.org/files/file/922-advent-children-buster-sword-replacement/.

Though I intended the sword to be only a placeholder in my own little project, I decided that I really like the blood effects it generates. There's only a small problem: all the visual effects generated by the sword, the blood particles leaving the struck body, the puddles they leave on the floor, the cut marks left on the body, and the blood that covers the sword, all are visible through everything. Even through walls. You can see a blood puddle on the floor in the next room. You can see the blood covering the sword through your own back. You get the idea.

I strongly suspect that it is an issue with the shaders shaders or effects somehow, I tried comparing the effect and shader files with some vanilla ones, but as my knowledge of JK modding is very limited on this particular topic, I had no success in identifying the problem. Perhaps someone with more experience could help me out by pinpointing it?

Hello, JkHub

You might know about the mod called Advent Children Buster Sword Replacement, which can be found on this site under the following link: https://jkhub.org/files/file/922-advent-children-buster-sword-replacement/.

Though I intended the sword to be only a placeholder in my own little project, I decided that I really like the blood effects it generates. There's only a small problem: all the visual effects generated by the sword, the blood particles leaving the struck body, the puddles they leave on the floor, the cut marks left on the body, and the blood that covers the sword, all are visible through everything. Even through walls. You can see a blood puddle on the floor in the next room. You can see the blood covering the sword through your own back. You get the idea.

I strongly suspect that it is an issue with the shaders somehow, I tried comparing the effect and shader files with some vanilla ones, but as my knowledge of JK modding is very limited on this particular topic, I had no success in identifying the problem. Perhaps someone with more experience could help me out by pinpointing it?

This file only contains a single shader file that has no references to any of the blood textures included. So the issue is most liekly not related to this file by itself.

Do you have any other blood mods installed?

Can you link a few screenshots of the issues you're talking about?

This file only contains a single shader file that has no references to any of the blood textures included. So the issue is most liekly not related to this file by itself.

Do you have any other blood mods installed?

Can you link a few screenshots of the issues you're talking about?

My bad, I meant that I suspect shaders or effects are at fault. I also added the correction to the OP. I don't have any other blood mod installed. Here is a scrrenshot with all the problems:

HrzZ1Kr.jpg

I cut down a stormtrooper at the other side of the corner. As you can see, the blood covering the sword is visible through my torso and head. The splattered blood over the corner is visible through the wall, as well as the bloody carvings on the stormtrooper's body, though those might be a bit hard to notice on this particular screenshot.

Take note that the blood picture files in gfx/blood are badly named in the original download, but I've corrected those.