Frankenstein Model Head Problem

Go to solution Solved by The Punisher,

So I've been working on this Kyle Katarn Frankenstein for quite a while now. It's Scerendo's Cassian Andor's body, with Poe Dameron's head (and DT85's Savage Opress's shoulder pad). I have a really irritating problem with the model that is difficult to explain, and I was wondering if anybody has a solution to the problem. There seems to be something wrong with the placement of his head, or something about his body, that causes the game to think he needs to look up much higher than he should. It's like the game thinks his head is in his chest or something. For example, in cutscenes NPCs always look at his chest, instead of his head, and Kyle seems to look over them. This also happens in game too, the NPCs look at his chest instead of his head. Whenever he presses buttons, you need to aim up to be in line with the button, or something. 

These screenshots are taken in JK3, but with the "Jedi Outcast - Academy" mod. He does the same thing JK3 cutscenes, and it is really annoying. I followed this tutorial on YouTube, I replaced the head, didn't mess around with any other settings, didn't touch the skeleton, so I have no idea what is causing this issue. I did move a couple vertices around his collar. The Poe Dameron head was a bit too big for the body, so I moved the collar a bit to fix some clipping issues. I don't think this is the cause though, as it still had this problem before that.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ML5S9KSa4

The Kyle NPC file has "headPitchRangeUp 150" which makes a small difference, but not a whole lot. In game, the Kyle NPC will look above the player's head too. I have two versions of the model, a default JK3 model, and one with the JK2 skeleton, for 'JOA' mod cutscenes. Both versions have this same problem. 

If you have any idea what is causing this issue, please let me know. I can upload the model on to my Google Drive, if you want to take a look for yourselves. 

headwrong4.png

headwrong3.png

headwrong5.png

headwrong1.png

headwrong2.png

Edited by Circa
Big text is annoying to read.
DarthValeria likes this

I've seen this happen, but I can't remember what the cause is. Verify that the hierarchy is correct. Maybe post a screenshot of it if you aren't sure what to look for. Or post the model and someone could take a look.

Well, the "l_hand_cap_l_arm_0" tag seems to be way behind him for some reason, I have no idea how that happened. Could that be the cause? Even if it isn't, I should probably fix it right? Where do I move it? I couldn't find problems with any other tags, but I'm a noob, so I wouldn't even know what to look for, or how to "verify that the hierarchy is correct". I checked the JK2 model, and the "l_hand_cap_l_arm_0" tag is in the same place. 

I uploaded the model onto Good Drive. It's a mess at the moment, I'm still working on it, but "kyle_new" should have a JK3 skeleton, and "kyle_new2" should use the "JK2anims" or a "_humanoid_jk2" skeleton, from the JOA mod, I forget which one it uses. I included both in the pk3. 

http://drive.google.com/file/d/1ukW2OkhTKMQqMAotbPI7fZzrmii5LWLA/view?usp=sharing

blender.png

You solved it, thank you! Now my Kyle looks at people like a regular human being! I don't know how I ended up with no head tags, I might have accidentally deleted them when I deleted the original head. Anyway thanks for the help! Now I can focus on getting the textures right  :)

headright.png

Need to fix his eyebrows next  :lol:

eyebrows.png

DarthValeria likes this