[Sound] Reducing Reverb

Today I voiced & recorded a soundset for JKA. No real technical issues—the audio is clear, in mono, and the effect running over it is fine. The only problem is, since my more specialized recording software has been broken I've had to record with an iPhone and hope for the best. For the most part it turned out okay, but I'm bothered by the slight reverb of the room I was recording in.

Does anyone have specialized tips on reducing said reverb without obstructing the base quality of the sound? Something niftier than Audacity noise reduction. I've got access to that and Adobe Audition, but my ears are open to any recommended programs.

Just re-track it. It'll sound better than using any plugin or software that attempts to correct it. The space your record in is extremely important when tracking anything. If you dont have a legit studio, a closet is a good option, although depending on the sounds you're recording, could be too small. Bare walls or too big of a space is your worst enemy though. Find a good space and cover up any surface that will bounce sound waves off of them, with a bed sheet or blanket.

MagSul likes this