JK3 Single Player Overhaul (still in development)

Continuing off of my EY4 revamp mod, this is the same project except done on the SP of Jedi Academy. All 26 levels have been updated, all the music is no longer looped, every level has its own unique music, npcs, boss fight, all the textures have been updated, all the weapons are updated, sound effects, animations, everything compiled based off of a lot of modifications already in existence, but now all tied together into a reimagining of JA's single player campaign. This is all intended to be free for the public upon release, I am not getting any money for this!

Here are the first series of screens, I took two years ago. I've had so much fun playing this.

updated cantina from rancor level, now with a band and the ROTJ max rebo band music:

C4loObU.jpg

updated t2_rogue coruscant level, with civilians and droids, new skybox too, more coruscant look to it

8EvROCW.jpg

qFQF4m2.jpg

fighting a tank droid after escaping on dosunn from rax' prison

QP75WGD.jpg

fighting gundark mutant prototypes on vjun outside

luhNK5D.jpg

there's also a strike team with you and kyle on the first level of vjun (most of them never make it through half the level but its good company either way)

bHfGFg2.jpg

10/10 groin shot by my boy over here lol and kyle choking some fool in the back

cY9QoKz.jpg

fighting an at-pt in vader's castle hangar

faJODi5.jpg

bigger vader grand hall fight, with new red imperial guards reminiscent of the SOTE guards

nrbWsMV.jpg

decided to add a jedi strike team after a certain trigger point in the t3_rift mission, they help you in key duels and there is a much heavier reborn presence this time around, one of the few things I thought missing from JA was more Jedi vs Reborn levels

IdVPJAN.jpg

cYGume9.jpg

t3_stamp the tanaab spaceport security try in vain to stop the mutant rancor

XGhV8Ku.jpg

9rl0qNR.jpg

alliance tank is the next thing the tanaab security force sends out, also no luck

SYqT8NN.jpg

sometimes it runs away lol, but usually tries to take out the rancor until it gets right on top of it then smashes it until it dies (death animation is an explosion and it just stops moving)

KD9ySeX.jpg

one of the new enemies is tie-interceptors, here they are in the t3_hevil level, similar to how the tie bombers are floating in the vjun1 level, except you can take these out with the force, your saber, or rockets

FJwvchb.jpg

couldn't get a good shot of the noghri, but i've changed them to look more like their canon appearance (brownish not so cartoony) also added imp technicians around the bombs at the top of the tower

BxGr0ME.jpg

new skybox for the t3_byss level, it's supposed to resemble a bunch of floating rocks from the destroyed planet, not just open space

0FkIWB2.jpg

next part:

walking quietly on ord mantell, until reaching one of the triggers where boba spawns to attack you, now fully populated

zSx1i9f.jpg

here some of the aliens and droids are just walking, some reacting to me pulling out a gun lol

8UO9Ezn.jpg

some junk creature type npcs try to get the drop on me while I was taking out a rodian

2MoLO9F.jpg

this poor ithorian dude thought I was about to do him in haha

dNfRgpU.jpg

some thugs ambush you when you go to the caches, different thugs at each one

TMf2acO.jpg

one of the few shots I have of the new skybox, need to work a little on it, but if you stand on the second level you can see the piles of junk and scrap that make up its background.

TetO0Aj.jpg

surprised by another tie tank in the taspir 1 level

t9hH63I.jpg

some more at-pt's walking around the lava complex

NGTcfLI.jpg

fighting a dark jedi in the taspir 3 level, while the lava factory workers run away in fear

U9uWKHV.jpg

fighting alora with a new background, some tie's floating nearby and a few droids about the hangar. 

TRCEaQy.jpg

qr77ufv.jpg

if you get too close they start shooting at you, making the duel more complex

sE9Pjpi.jpg

then some lava troopers (heat resistant stormtroopers) try to bum rush you, adding to the difficulty

ieQj3jE.jpg

everybody has new outfits this time!

GCcDhcr.jpg

now on to korriban, you encounter a terrifying surprise in the catacombs

F1aZklY.jpg

good news is he likes to eat sith too

IY49c1g.jpg

there is now an extended battle in the tombs sequence where sith force specters along with reanimated skeletons of long dead sith warriors fight against you and a large group of jedi

Tpb6iPI.jpg

ZPZaThC.jpg

dVMzik7.jpg

bum rushing two unprepared sith acolyes in one sarcophagal chamber

h4arfdm.jpg

the final level kor2, is now an open battlefield

H6ysDU3.jpg

N15PeqG.jpg

K'kruhk returns and helps the NJO in this fight

5A5aqNu.jpg

BCMeCOG.jpg

Tavion unleashed a bull rancor on to the attackers but a jedi master swiftly took care of it (with or without your help determines who wins)

IGxfeAc.jpg

JQUkVes.jpg

the stormtroopers are now special elite sandtroopers, and there are quite a few of them, but using your allies helps a lot

vgTUAiG.jpg

you enter the tomb of Marka Ragnos with some heavy backup

EhGYUU8.jpg

one last Terentatek chases you over the suspended walkway to the chamber, not hard to get it to fall into the lava, but not an easy part either

RxyPxkU.jpg

the last part that's modified is Ragnos' tomb, now is littered with bodies of republic soldiers, stormtroopers, reborn, cultists, and Jedi, to let you know that shit hit the fan and now you're the only one left to stop Tavion

bcY52Ro.jpg

glOld7U.jpg

J66tcJf.jpg

that's all I took when I did a first run through 2 years ago, but there are so many changes it would be impossible to show them all, there is a list of compiled changes per level that I made, but literally every level is different in a new way.

I'm loving a lot of what I'm seeing here. This is essentially what we wanted to do with JKEnhanced but couldn't get enough help.

I'm not sure why you're titling it "JK3 Remastered" though. I see nothing in the screenshots that remaster the game's assets. Maybe some textures, but I think calling it remastered is a bit of a misnomer. I liked your choice of using "revamp" for EY4.

I also don't like the blood effects. Seems odd in a Star Wars game. :P

Well I'm also hoping to spark a fire in you guys and the greater community to maybe get people together for another great project. I may not be the best coder or mapper, but I can take care of every other small detail while the mappers and scripters work on their part so that nothing else is done. I have recording equipment and two others also expressed interest in doing voice overs. I don't want this to just be my idea, but I want to make it a reality.

What else would any of you suggest to fix this?

Existing suggestions:

New Coruscant SP level ✓ - what am I doing to fix this?

Nothing yet because I don't know how to script SJC's coruscant map to an SP level. :P

Too much blood ✓ - what am I doing to fix this?

[i want to just add red cauterization for saber damage, but there are also enemies who attack wtih vibroblades and swords, when these hit flesh, there should be blood. Not to mention being attacked and bitten or clawed by various hostile wildlife.

Also, if there was a way to edit the effects so that laser-based weapons also cause the red smoke cauterization damage but shell and rocket based weapons plus explosives cause regular blood, that is also something I experimented with but didn't get very far, with guns I got some decent results but separating the sabers effects from the blades effects is tricky.]

Call it something other than JK3 Remastered? -

-rebuttal: Just about every asset is changed, the main menu is different, the music is different, the stances, animations, sound effects, you're only seeing some of the physical changes and population additions because the rest must be heard or felt, like you know, through the force lol. So in a sense, it is a remaster, because the textures are remastered, so is the music, and the models, etc. Very few base game models remain in the game, everything has been given an overhaul. If anyone has a better name I don't mind using it. 

I have a plethora of files and even many more thanks to old archives so lets talk about this and I will start implementing what changes I can.

My main goal is to publish both these mods as a two-part story, JK3, then EY4 as its sequel. Really once the mapping part gets done, which is just re-ordering textures in the EY4 mod along with adding npc's and editing map_objects, and substituting the coruscant level in jk3 along with new npc placement/triggerpoints in every level, I can do the rest by myself and will work around the clock diligently to do so. I'm in a unique position where I have the time to work on this, I just need help with the mapping parts, and nothing needs to be made from scratch, which is the beauty of it. We have all the tools right in front of us, its just a matter of convincing a mapper to help pro-bono lol. 

Perhaps this is the next step to synthesizing JKEnhanced in another form.

Well I'm also hoping to spark a fire in you guys and the greater community to maybe get people together for another great project. I may not be the best coder or mapper, but I can take care of every other small detail while the mappers and scripters work on their part so that nothing else is done. I have recording equipment and two others also expressed interest in doing voice overs. I don't want this to just be my idea, but I want to make it a reality.

Existing suggestions:

Nothing yet because I don't know how to script SJC's coruscant map to an SP level. :P

[i want to just add red cauterization for saber damage, but there are also enemies who attack wtih vibroblades and swords, when these hit flesh, there should be blood. Not to mention being attacked and bitten or clawed by various hostile wildlife.

Also, if there was a way to edit the effects so that laser-based weapons also cause the red smoke cauterization damage but shell and rocket based weapons plus explosives cause regular blood, that is also something I experimented with but didn't get very far, with guns I got some decent results but separating the sabers effects from the blades effects is tricky.]

-rebuttal: Just about every asset is changed, the main menu is different, the music is different, the stances, animations, sound effects, you're only seeing some of the physical changes and population additions because the rest must be heard or felt, like you know, through the force lol. So in a sense, it is a remaster, because the textures are remastered, so is the music, and the models, etc. Very few base game models remain in the game, everything has been given an overhaul. If anyone has a better name I don't mind using it. 

I have a plethora of files and even many more thanks to old archives so lets talk about this and I will start implementing what changes I can.

My main goal is to publish both these mods as a two-part story, JK3, then EY4 as its sequel. Really once the mapping part gets done, which is just re-ordering textures in the EY4 mod along with adding npc's and editing map_objects, and substituting the coruscant level in jk3 along with new npc placement/triggerpoints in every level, I can do the rest by myself and will work around the clock diligently to do so. I'm in a unique position where I have the time to work on this, I just need help with the mapping parts, and nothing needs to be made from scratch, which is the beauty of it. We have all the tools right in front of us, its just a matter of convincing a mapper to help pro-bono lol. 

You said JKAEnhanced in another form. Any ideas of what you might do?

What you are describing isn't a remaster though. Remastering is taking the core of the game and improving the quality and fidelity. You're simply changing the game with Quality of Life improvements. I think Revamp or Overhaul are more accurate. That's why we went with the term Enhanced for ours. It may seem like semantics but the term "remaster" is thrown around way too loosely in the gaming community these days, usually very inaccurately.

Right, first order of business is fixed then. This is a complete overhaul of the single player campaign. The updated quality of life features like textures, animations, music, sound effects are universal, but what really makes it more interesting is that it will greatly challenge the player.

If someone can successfully edit the npc triggers in each SP map, this is my breakdown of each one, you can use the screenshots from up above to understand more.

The game can't handle more than an additional 60 npc files on top of the existing ones in base, and vehicles even more so limited, sometimes the veh_dlls file works to override this, sometimes it doesn't, why it does or doesn't I cannot explain.

the dotted lines ------- means that the SP game doesn't actually use this npc in any level: These are the current replacement lineups.

W33Sy2i.jpg

PjrQ3IO.jpg

these are not permanent, but this is the first solution to eliminating the clone effect. When I think of a great SW game that had such biodiversity, the first one that comes to mind is Bounty Hunter, especially on the Coruscant and Tatooine levels.

Any suggestions for types of enemies to fight?

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

the new npcs mostly consist of enemies, but a few allies here are the listed ones in the current save files and what levels they appear in: (note these do not include all the new models that have replaced the vanilla npc files)

New Enemies:

Kubaz (t1_sour, t2_rogue, t3_bounty) the spy from ANH

Givin (t1_sour, t2_rogue, t3_bounty) skull-faced alien from ANH cantina

Majordomo (t2_rancor)

Salacious Crumb (t2_rancor) - little annoying nuisance runs around the level after get into the lower cells, attack is melee and jumps a lot, very fast scurrier

Zabrak Gang (various colored zabrak thugs guarding one of the caches in t3_bounty)

Mandalorian Renegades (various Mandalorian thugs guarding one of the caches in t3_bounty)

AT-PT (t1_danger, t2_wedge, t2_dpred, vjun1, vjun3, t3_stamp)

AT-AT (hoth2, t2_dpred, taspir2)

Tie-interceptor (t1_danger, t2_dpred, t2_wedge, t3_stamp, t3_hevil, taspir2, taspir3) - tie-fighter engages you from the air-to-ground - very dangerous to survive in open areas when its attacking

Assault-Gunboat (t1_rail, t2_rogue, t3_rift) - mercenary starfighter/gunship that engages you from the air - much slower than the tie-interceptor

Tie-Tank (t2_dpred, vjun1, taspir2) - ground based tank treads with a tie cockpit center, shoots rockets and is slow moving, but will crush you instantly if it reaches you

Imperial Red Guard (similar to the SOTE guards of Black Sun, they serve the Remnant now as elite enforcers) (t2_rogue, vjun1, vjun2, vjun3)

Mark1 - mini walker returns from JO (vjun1, vjun3, taspir2, taspir3)

Heattrooper )taspir2,taspir3) - stormtrooper with electric charge pack and red armor paint design, wields a demp 2 gun

Lavatrooper (taspir2, taspir3) - elite trooper with black and red snowtrooper armor, resistant to lava

Taspir Security (orange-suited oxygen suit armor aliens with bowcasters) (taspir2, taspir3)

Sandtrooper (t1_surprise, kor2)

Sentinel Class Shuttle (t2_trip, taspir2, kor2) - floating and almost always stationary, will launch rockets and missile at you, can be destroyed with direct hits from lightning, saber throw, or rockets/ concussion

Allies:

Rebel Infiltrator (t1_fatal, vjun1, vjun2 (gets killed in garbage compactor), taspir2, kor1)

Rebel Commando (t1_fatal, vjun1, kor1, kor2)

Specforce Marine (t1_rail, t3_stamp)

Rebel Assault Trooper (hoth2, t3_rift, kor1, kor2) 

Dresselian (t1_surprise, t3_bounty) - friendly alien that attacks other enemy aliens if they shoot at you

Tanaab Security drone (t3_stamp) - first sent by the TSF to deal with the escaped mutant rancor, little tanks with droid brains

Tanaab Security Tank (t3_stamp) - similar to the rebel tank from BF1, tries to stop Mutie's rampage but it's not enough...

Civilians:

Duros (t1_sour, t1_rail, t2_rancor, t2_rogue, t3_stamp, t3_bounty)

Selonian (t1_rail, t3_bounty)

Ithorian (t1_surprise, t1_rail, t2_rancor, t2_rogue, t3_stamp, t3_bounty)

Quarren (t1_surprise, t1_rail, t2_rancor, t2_rogue,t3_stamp, t3_bounty)

Bith (t1_surprise, t2_rancor, t2_rogue, t3_bounty)

Twi'lek Female (t1_rail, t2_rancor, t2_rogue, t3_bounty)

Mon Calamari (t2_rogue, t3_stamp)

Sullustan (t1_surprise, t2_rogue, t3_stamp, t3_bounty)

Chadra-Fan (t1_surprise, t2_rancor, t2_rogue, t3_bounty)

Talz (t2_rancor, t2_rogue)

Max Rebo (t2_rancor)

Sy Snootles (t2_rancor)

Ephant Mon (t2_rancor, t3_bounty)

Rodian (t1_surprise, t2_rancor, t2_rogue, t3_stamp, t3_bounty) - orange rodian, neutral

Human Male Civilian 1 (white-blonde) -  (t1_surprise, t1_rail, t2_rogue, t3_stamp)

Human Male Civilian 2 (white-brown hair) - (t1_rail, t2_rogue, t3_stamp)

Human Male Civilian 3 (brown) - (tt1_rail, t2_rogue, t3_stamp, t3_bounty)

Human Male Civilian 4 (black) - (t1_surprise, t1_rail, t2_rogue, t3_stamp)

Human Male Civilian 5 (old) - (t1_surprise, t1_rail, t2_rogue, t3_stamp)

Human Male Civilian 6 (starpilot) - (t1_surprise, t2_rogue, t3_stamp, t3_bounty)

Rebel A-wing Pilot (no gun) - (t3_stamp)

Human Female Civilian 1 (brunette) - (t1_surprise, t1_rail, t2_rogue, t3_stamp)

Human Female Civilian 2 (blonde) - (t2_rogue, t3_stamp)

Human Female Civilian 3 (redhead) - (t2_rogue, t3_stamp, t3_bounty)

Human Female Civilian 4 (brown) - (t2_rogue, t3_stamp)

Human Female Civilian 5 (black) - (t1_surprise, t2_rogue, t3_stamp)

Imperial alien engineers (t1_fatal, t2_wedge, vjun2, vjun3, t3_hevil, taspir2, taspir3) - oxygen-compressed suited aliens working on remnant facilities

Vehicles/Creatures:

Mailoc (yavin1b, yavin2) - flying insect with a stinger that comes down from the trees, has the same effect as the interrogator droid if stung

Ronto (t1_sour) - its in two of the courtyards at the hangar, flees when in danger, can be ridden
Bantha (t1_surprise) - several near the start of the level, a few more near the sandcrawler, can be ridden, will flee from danger, some tuskens are riding them

Dewback (t1_sour, t1_surprise) - in the mos eisley level, there is one sitting in the back of one of the hangar courtyards, will flee from danger and can be ridden, in the tusken level there is one being ridden by a sandtrooper

Greater Krayt Dragon (t1_surprise) - near the exit of the cave system right before you get to the sandcrawler, huge beast that you can kill but is easy to die from

X-34 Landspeeder (t1_surprise) - near the bottom by the wall at the back of the canyon, can be driven

Acklay (t2_rancor) - in one of the open areas, will chase prisoners and you

Streeds (t2_trip herd creatures) - herds of these roam the plains of Zonju V, any one that can be caught can be ridden, but none will make it past the chasm jump

Imperial Speeder Bike (t2_dpred, taspir2) - just a faster speeder bike

Gundark-mutants (vjun1) - alpha model, still working on getting the real thing! - jumping shrieking monstrosities that will claw you to death with their spiky appendages

Dianoga (vjun2, t3_bounty, t3_hevil) (still trying to get it to survive underwater, stupid thing drowns when not in shallow water) - bubbly tentacled fiend that will slash you with its feelers if it gets too close

Chandrilan cave beasts (t3_rift) - little subterranean imp-like creatures that jump and swarm you, fun to push off into oblivion

Junk Crazies (t3_bounty) similar to the bando gora from Bounty Hunter, they bum rush you and can melee you to death if you're not careful)

Bull Rancor (kor2) - only one at the end of the game fighting several Jedi, thought it would be cool for the main game to actually have a Jedi gang vs Rancor battle

Terentatek (kor1, kor2) - quick and silent, they actually snuck up on me a few times, and I spawned them! They can eat you just like the Acklay and Rancors, best strategy to beating it is attacking it from behind or afar

New Boss Fights:

Flying Howler (yavin1b) - right near the top of the waterfall it attacks you and rosh, you have to be quick because it will rip rosh to shreds and mission failed lol

Bipedal Howler (yavin2) - near the end right before you use force speed, melee's like crazy

4-LOM (t1_sour) - fights you in the control tower of the docking bay alongside a cultist

Tusken Elite Warrior (t1_surprise)

Dengar (t1_fatal)

Aurra Sing on Speeder Bike (t1_danger) - new fight where you engage her on a speeder bike and with lightsabers whilst running from the sand worms

IG-88 (t1_rail) - this droid was the one that the Cult of Ragnos hired to blow up the tram, you fight him in the last car, he lobs grenades and shoots whilst moving constantly - killed me so many times lol

Ragnos Disciple (hoth2) - hooded young cultist trying to gain Alora's favor fights you near the downed walker at the end of the level

Alora (hoth3) - same as the vanilla game, just with slightly improved stats, and now there are wampas, an AT-ST, a few probe droids, and some snowtroopers around the hangar, making it very easy to die

Slobba the Hutt (t2_rancor) - oversees the prisoner executions in one of the four release rooms, surrounded by gamorrean guards and his majordomo, very satisfying to kill

Snoova Jr. (t2_rogue) - the son of the bounty hunter that Chewie impersonated during SOTE, attacks you with Racto's assassin droids and is very proficient with lobbing thermal detonators.

Elite Shadow Combatant (t2_wedge) - waits for you in the control room in the center of the floating platform, has a cloaker and a double vibro-blade, not force sensitive but very acrobatic

Mercenary Zabrak on a Streed (t2_trip) - waits for you after you make the chasm jump, will rush you on his streed and try to run you down

Rax Joris (t2_dpred) - I may replace him with another imperial general, but so far he is just buffed up a bit and now has armor

Nautolan Sith Apprentice (vjun1) - is waiting by the entrance to Bast Castle, fights with dual lightsabers and is very fast

Sagar (vjun2) - a saber-wielding cultist who is near the top of the huge energy shaft, fights with a staff, is surgically altered to have intense hatred and attacks more aggressively

Rosh, Vil & Dasariah Kothos (vjun3) - similar fight but with different models for the twins, they are much faster and have more health now, and Rosh's attacks are stronger

Boba Fett (t3_bounty) - just an updated model, and possibly vocal effects!

Imperial General (t3_byss) - on the command deck and bridge of the dreadnought, similar to the Rax Joris fight

Barabel Jedi Assassin (t3_hevil) - Armor-clad Reptilian sword-wielder, was hired to destroy the Yalaran cloaking device by the Remnant, hyper-aggressive and will kill you or anything else in his way if you let your guard down

Cyborg Sith Apprentice (t3_rift) - One of Desann's pupils, leading a team of Reborn to siphon the Force Energy from the Jedi Tomb on Chandrila. Has a lot of force power.

Stalker Trooper (t3_stamp) - Oversees the conveyor belt control room on Tanaab after the Rancor was released, is locking it down to prevent the citizens from escaping or the security forces from destroying it, fights with a staff vibroblade

Kel Dor Apprentice (taspir2) - Alora's apprentice tries to stop you from entering the factory on the last bridge of the level, has two short sabers that are held similar to Starkiller's from TFU, high stats

Alora_Dual (taspir3) - same as vanilla game, just beefed her up and added enemy npc support in the hangar, a tougher version of the hoth fight

Noghri Reborn (kor1) - Guarding the exit to the Valley of the Dark Lords, this huge warrior is the toughest enemy in the game other than the final boss, any allies that are with you when you face him will not be alive if he is defeated.

Tavion/Possessed Tavion (kor2) - same as before just tougher, halfway through some sith apprentices drop down and try to distract you

Tavion/Kyle (kor2 darkside) - this time after Tavion dies, Kyle has two jedi backups (the mon cal and the Ithorian) - very hard and intense final fight

There is around 87 new npcs in total including vehicles

The AT-PT is too big.

They are supposed to be smaller than the AT-ST, albeit by not much, so it is actually smaller than the canon measurements. The AT-ST in JA is smaller than it's supposed to be, if you measure it out about 1.5 npc's can fit in the head, supposed to be 2 and some change.

from wookieepedia:

AT-ST: 

Width
Height/depth
9.04 meters[4

AT-PT

Length
Height/depth
3 meters[
Asgarath83 likes this

Existing suggestions:

Sounds like he's talking about what we were developing, @@Asgarath83.. The JCulley3D's Coruscant level.

@@MusicForThePiano

Hello man! i have some questions.

seems that you and Howard workins on a similar project: he wants a remasting of JKA, you are doing a totally revamp conversion that improve a lot the game for what i see.

mmmm seems that you are good talenced.

i have the map of SJC of coruscant and i should end and script it BUT... i am totally focus now on a personal project that require a lot of recoding job for be doable.

is a my personal science fiction fantasy saga and i am using the engine of JKA for make a game on that.

at moment i am refactoring weapon code for allocate ... 1024 weapons and 64 force powers :P.

next , ill add some less improvement. but that will take a while.

but i see that your project is far enough and i have 3 questions:

1can you explain me in what consist your projects? seems a total conversion, right?

2: are you on discord? i not know if is possible or if howard is interessed, but , watching the same finality of the 2 project... maybe they can be joined ? not sure of that, however. 

however, i know how to script a map, but i have not the time for that, if yu want to replace the t2_rogue map with SJC map i have a lot of stuff about that...

i wanna now too also the opinion of @@General Howard however. now i need to go to lunch. see ya this evening. Italian Time.

bye!

@@MusicForThePiano

Hello man! i have some questions.

seems that you and Howard workins on a similar project: he wants a remasting of JKA, you are doing a totally revamp conversion that improve a lot the game for what i see.

mmmm seems that you are good talenced.

i have the map of SJC of coruscant and i should end and script it BUT... i am totally focus now on a personal project that require a lot of recoding job for be doable.

is a my personal science fiction fantasy saga and i am using the engine of JKA for make a game on that.

at moment i am refactoring weapon code for allocate ... 1024 weapons and 64 force powers :P.

next , ill add some less improvement. but that will take a while.

but i see that your project is far enough and i have 3 questions:

1can you explain me in what consist your projects? seems a total conversion, right?

2: are you on discord? i not know if is possible or if howard is interessed, but , watching the same finality of the 2 project... maybe they can be joined ? not sure of that, however. 

however, i know how to script a map, but i have not the time for that, if yu want to replace the t2_rogue map with SJC map i have a lot of stuff about that...

i wanna now too also the opinion of @@General Howard however. now i need to go to lunch. see ya this evening. Italian Time.

bye!

Hey Asgarath, I will upload a list of all the changes here, and PM you an extensive list later. Everything I've done is without coding, minus the NPC files, that code is easy enough to manipulate, even without NPCtool. 

If the JCulley3D Coruscant level is the one we're all thinking about, then it's this one correct? It has a day and a night version:

https://www.moddb.com/members/sith-j-cull/addons/sith-j-cull

655618a2d2c90537de1365c8d7a7052655967f80

214581588a801e16dd168703fa73b58e521e2c5c

292f66c464bf1d80af62feae2a80f9c59243ef44

bcb21517840aa112cfe1343e8b1f6d277eeb640c

81c41310b4c9c0173d8db2dd9682eb9ac848a9d3

the only problem is that it doesn't have an existing single linear path like most SP levels do, it has many. Some pathways are going to have to be re-routed to serve a more linear type level.

Or, an idea I had was that you once you got to Lannik Racto, you have to escort him back to the landing pad for pickup by Coruscant authorities. Kind of like how Kyle escorts the imperial commander at gunpoint in the Artus Detention in JO.

I had made a Coruscant police cruiser skin from the anakin's speeder back in 2008 lol, Inspired by a cross between Blade Runner and The Fifth Element, here's a screenie:

yJJotzD.jpg

Uelco0t.jpg

bt8lrXQ.jpg

it flies around and was fully functional, just looked odd up close with no driver in it. Here was some RPG fanfic I made where Boba is fighting a Helicopter and the Capital Police were backing him up. I may make a thread of all the extraneous things I've made over the years, there's so many!

Hey Asgarath, I will upload a list of all the changes here, and PM you an extensive list later. Everything I've done is without coding, minus the NPC files, that code is easy enough to manipulate, even without NPCtool. 

If the JCulley3D Coruscant level is the one we're all thinking about, then it's this one correct? It has a day and a night version:

https://www.moddb.com/members/sith-j-cull/addons/sith-j-cull

655618a2d2c90537de1365c8d7a7052655967f80

214581588a801e16dd168703fa73b58e521e2c5c

292f66c464bf1d80af62feae2a80f9c59243ef44

bcb21517840aa112cfe1343e8b1f6d277eeb640c

81c41310b4c9c0173d8db2dd9682eb9ac848a9d3

the only problem is that it doesn't have an existing single linear path like most SP levels do, it has many. Some pathways are going to have to be re-routed to serve a more linear type level.

Or, an idea I had was that you once you got to Lannik Racto, you have to escort him back to the landing pad for pickup by Coruscant authorities. Kind of like how Kyle escorts the imperial commander at gunpoint in the Artus Detention in JO.

I had made a Coruscant police cruiser skin from the anakin's speeder back in 2008 lol, Inspired by a cross between Blade Runner and The Fifth Element, here's a screenie:

yJJotzD.jpg

Uelco0t.jpg

bt8lrXQ.jpg

it flies around and was fully functional, just looked odd up close with no driver in it. Here was some RPG fanfic I made where Boba is fighting a Helicopter and the Capital Police were backing him up. I may make a thread of all the extraneous things I've made over the years, there's so many!

The map is this and me and howard have the source map also with SJC permission to use for remastering . i also planned with howard months ago a gameplay and a story plot about how to use the coruscant map for SP, also if it has all that pathway.

basically:

- padme ship is replaced with jaden xwing. (i already do into my SJC map source.

- level is waypoint networked by me, 2or 3 years ago.

- rancor arena door is sealed

- you meet rakto on landing pad, he scape, fightwith some smuggler

- after that door is unlocked, you go throught the door on the swoop race line. stole a swoop and have  aswop chase like t2_trip.

- reach the lower city place. more dirtty and with aton of garbage and container, the hallway of these area can be sealed by force fields and big amount of trash scattered around. a lot of alien folks here and smugglers.

- you enter into the lower cantina, the bartender tell that you can found rakto in roof and upper city.

- you reach the roofs, but is a dead point! smugglers snipers, mercenaries with medium weapon and disruptor, like JO nar shaddaa level ... very nasty... is a trap!!

- after you overcome mercenaries and assassin droid, you enter into the taverna of upper cantina. the bartender is a good guy and tell you that rakto have an hideout on the back door of the lower city cantina. the bartender of that cantina was one of his guy XD.

- exploring the map i see that is a roof that ius connect directy by a tunnel wtih lower cantina, youb can use for fastly return back.

(i guess we can get your point, if jaden tell to bartendert to alert coruscant security. )

- go on the back of lower cantina this time and enter inside the aparrment, there will be a lot of assasin droid and also saber droid.

- you reach the camera with rakto sealed inside, but he use a gas smoke trap or some electric trap and jaden is captured.

- jaden awaken into the rancor arena. there is not a rancor here. instead,  the final fight with rakto is here.

he not fight much, at least, he wathing you. wanna see jaden die killed by his droid and smugglers. is a good promotion for his droids on black markets. "chees jaden! cameras are doing a promotional movie for my assassin droid! so alls my clients can see how are efficiently my droids!" XDD or sentence like that by rakto lol

and with turrets on ceiling and 3 waves of enemies:  smugglers assassin droid, saber droid jedi killers.

- rakto is captured. security police of coruscant at this point open the door and you can excort to landing pad the gangster.

end of quest.

- there is also tavion total drunk on cantina that dance with some twi'leks .. no no no i am jokings. more details you can find on discord however. see later on chat server! bye!

I like that plot Asgarath, let's use it. Too bad we couldn't make some of the other levels more expansive like this. I have a draft to expand several levels of the original campaign but again this would require a mapper.

There are seven SP levels where this would be possible and a much better alternative just by combining existing maps:

Yavin_1b + Yavin 4 Riverside https://jkhub.org/files/file/3012-yavin-4-riverside/ (would make a good bit of exploration through the jungle before finding the temple) - note I actually think that the whole Yavin sequence needs to be re-done from scratch, I have many reasons for this...

1 you can't see the skybox in any Yavin map because there is a 3D mesh of mountains permeating the background, I tried switching my sexy skybox from EY4 with the base JA one and could barely see a difference because of this :(

2 the Yavin levels are too short, and there should be more exploration like in JO.

3. It would be cool if instead of just cutscenes after every set of missions you can return to Yavin after any mission as a central hub to practice your skills with remotes, saber droids, and force power obstacle courses. The only map that is like this is Massassi Temple 

Yavin 2 + Y4_temple1 1.0: https://jkhub.org/files/file/2072-y4-temple1/

New Yavin Hub level to return to after every mission (optional): https://jkhub.org/files/file/2107-massassi-temple/

t1_sour + Tatooine Spaceport FFA: https://jkhub.org/files/file/1723-tatooine-spaceport-ffa-remake/ (the SP level always felt too small, and this would expand it to the city a little bit)

t1_surprise + crash_on_tatooine: https://jkhub.org/files/file/471-crash-on-tatooine/ (the swoop aspect of the vanilla JA game was sooo underused, they should have introduced it in an earlier level, before giving a full on swoop level, this map ties in to the sandcrawler mission well)

t2_trip + ffa_bonus2 (from the JA bonus maps, this is the city where Jaden explores before embarking on a swoop through the canyons.)

t3_bounty + ffa_bonus4 (also from the JA bonus maps, this is an expanded Ord Mantell canyon that is very aesthetic and open, would make for a very good boss fight arena with Slave 1, like SOTE but more intense)

t3_byss + siege_destroyer (add a part of the level where you fly out of the dreadnought in the raven's claw or tie-fighter/interceptor and disable a star destroyer sent to respond to the dreadnought's distress call).

Droidy365 and Smoo like this

I like that plot Asgarath, let's use it. Too bad we couldn't make some of the other levels more expansive like this. I have a draft to expand several levels of the original campaign but again this would require a mapper.

There are seven SP levels where this would be possible and a much better alternative just by combining existing maps:

Yavin_1b + Yavin 4 Riverside https://jkhub.org/files/file/3012-yavin-4-riverside/ (would make a good bit of exploration through the jungle before finding the temple) - note I actually think that the whole Yavin sequence needs to be re-done from scratch, I have many reasons for this...

1 you can't see the skybox in any Yavin map because there is a 3D mesh of mountains permeating the background, I tried switching my sexy skybox from EY4 with the base JA one and could barely see a difference because of this :(

2 the Yavin levels are too short, and there should be more exploration like in JO.

3. It would be cool if instead of just cutscenes after every set of missions you can return to Yavin after any mission as a central hub to practice your skills with remotes, saber droids, and force power obstacle courses. The only map that is like this is Massassi Temple 

Yavin 2 + Y4_temple1 1.0: https://jkhub.org/files/file/2072-y4-temple1/

New Yavin Hub level to return to after every mission (optional): https://jkhub.org/files/file/2107-massassi-temple/

t1_sour + Tatooine Spaceport FFA: https://jkhub.org/files/file/1723-tatooine-spaceport-ffa-remake/ (the SP level always felt too small, and this would expand it to the city a little bit)

t1_surprise + crash_on_tatooine: https://jkhub.org/files/file/471-crash-on-tatooine/ (the swoop aspect of the vanilla JA game was sooo underused, they should have introduced it in an earlier level, before giving a full on swoop level, this map ties in to the sandcrawler mission well)

t2_trip + ffa_bonus2 (from the JA bonus maps, this is the city where Jaden explores before embarking on a swoop through the canyons.)

t3_bounty + ffa_bonus4 (also from the JA bonus maps, this is an expanded Ord Mantell canyon that is very aesthetic and open, would make for a very good boss fight arena with Slave 1, like SOTE but more intense)

t3_byss + siege_destroyer (add a part of the level where you fly out of the dreadnought in the raven's claw or tie-fighter/interceptor and disable a star destroyer sent to respond to the dreadnought's distress call).

O.o Ehi ehi ehi the project is amazing but... keep calm! is also coming the summer and for me is very hard to work with hot weather cause of my illness.

but i like yours idea. and i also love temples and ancients map and dungeons.

i have a lot of questions to ask to you, so i hope i can find you on discord ASAP.

The helicopter is a vehicle or a map object? :huh:

It was originally a vehicle, made by Hatrus eons ago for either the Desert Warfare map (which is now gone!) Similar to the choppers from the infamous Raid3_FFA. I turned it into an enemy npc that flies around and shoots you, moves just like a helicopter too. No death animation, just explodes in a little fireball when it dies, but still fun to play.

Asgarath83 and scp_chaos1 like this